A historic landmark verdict has been made by Supreme Court of India today for LGBT rights.

The verdict will be welcomed by many  as well as will attract a lot of criticism too by many others.

What is your opinion about it? Please share.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/sc-delivers-historic-verdict-section-377-gone-being-gay-no-more-a-crime-in-india/articleshow/65696771.cms

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I would suggest that please change the topic subject from Article 377 to Section 377 because both of them are different. In my opinion anything done against the laws of the nature will be harmful to mankind. In being modern we should not break any laws of nature.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

Since this topic was started before mine , it is better to merge the two...I request the moderators to delete my thread so that we can discuss here ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Shampa Sadhya

Homosexuality is supposed to be natural and it exists from the ancient times as it has been mentioned in Kamasutra and also practiced around the world including the Roman and Greek civilizations. The section 377, as per my understanding, was imposed by the British so that they could get closer to the Mughal royalty who were otherwise protected by armed eunuchs around the clock and presented obstacles in persecution of the Mughal royals so the section was imposed and homosexuality was declared a crime. Irrespective of whether we like it or not, it is a natural impulse and they should not be prohibited to live their lives as they find it suitable. Any person, who so long as he does not harm others in the society is equal in the eyes of the law.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Homosexuality is supposed to be natural and it exists from the ancient times as it has been mentioned in Kamasutra and also practiced around the world including the Roman and Greek civilizations. The section 377, as per my understanding, was imposed by the British so that they could get closer to the Mughal royalty who were otherwise protected by armed eunuchs around the clock and presented obstacles in persecution of the Mughal royals so the section was imposed and homosexuality was declared a crime. Irrespective of whether we like it or not, it is a natural impulse and they should not be prohibited to live their lives as they find it suitable. Any person, who so long as he does not harm others in the society is equal in the eyes of the law.

I am not in favor of this decision. It is against natural law.

It is against natural law but many people have expressed their concern from many years. Don't know why though! It is very weird in the first place. But in the end we are a democratic Country & may be the people who voice for it were more than who were against it, in this regard & hence the law amended.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Though it has become legal, it will take a long time for society to accept it. However I think it is a progressive verdict, I welcome it. At least we have taken the first step.

Our society allows rape accused to contest elections and rule. Criminals roam free and society accepts it. But having sexual orientations different from norm is criminalized.

Nature makes laws and not humans.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Homosexuality is not natural everybody know it very well. Then why court is glorifying it.Homosexual relationship is normal in every society but it is personal matter for the engage couple but if they advertise it. Tthen Homosexuality will make adverse effects on society. overdose of Homosexuality will make natural sex tasteless. Already sex relationship have secrecy in india . Then if Homosexual relationship made under private place then how Homosexual were getting suffer. Homosexuality required broad mind society so Homosexuality is not ethicall or beneficial for Indian context. 
I oppose libral Homosexuality. 
Arivesh kumar Rathor wrote:
Homosexuality is not natural everybody know it very well. Then why court is glorifying it.Homosexual relationship is normal in every society but it is personal matter for the engage couple but if they advertise it. Tthen Homosexuality will make adverse effects on society. overdose of Homosexuality will make natural sex tasteless. Already sex relationship have secrecy in india . Then if Homosexual relationship made under private place then how Homosexual were getting suffer. Homosexuality required broad mind society so Homosexuality is not ethicall or beneficial for Indian context. 

I am agree with you, India society never accept homosexuality and gays. Nothing will happen with making law. It is my question to members who are advocating amendment in section 377, if their child decide to marriage with gay, they will accept their decision.

anil wrote:
Arivesh kumar Rathor wrote:

I am agree with you, India society never accept homosexuality and gays. Nothing will happen with making law. It is my question to members who are advocating amendment in section 377, if their child decide to marriage with gay, they will accept their decision.

First of all a society needs to cater to all sections and as long as it is not a crime and doesn't in any way obstruct your life how does it matter ? And more importantly , if your own child is gay , then at least he has the protection of the law rather than be treated as an outcast .

Personally speaking , I know a couple of people who are gay and they are like any normal people , in fact much more sensitive and understanding . If we can associate with corrupt officials , politicians , shop keepers who don't pay taxes thereby being a burden on society , I don't see any problem in associating with homosexuals ...it is the mindset and attitude . In fact we hear of homosexuality in our puranas and lord Shiva himself ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, Kalyani Nandurkar

The problem lies in our mindset. It is their personal choice, and when they do not harm our lives, then, who are we to judge them? Earlier most of the families were against love marriage but nowadays it has become common. People with an extramarital affair roam around proudly, and we hardly object, then, who we are to create a hurdle in no-nonsense gay relationships!       

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.