Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I personally know a few gay friends. They are a great asset to this society and are law abiding tax payers. They deserve their legal rights and rightly said by one of the advocates that we owe an apology to them for criminalizing their natural instinct.

As long as they are not threats to society or wrongdoers they should be allowed all the rights that they deserve as a citizen irrespective of their sexual preferences.

It is a hypocrisy that our society has so far not criminalized something heinous as marital rape but they were criminalized for their sexual preferences.

There is a scientific reason behind criminalising that practice. That leads to more spread of STDs etc which will again put pressure on the government to provide healthcare facilities. That is why it was good to criminalise that practice.

Instead of criminalising, spreading awareness about how to prevent STDs would be a better option.

Exactly ! I am glad the Apex court has seen it that way . We cannot impose rules that go against human nature , simply because it is the accepted norm by the majority . We then become a very restrictive and intolerant society .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

arjun sai wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I personally know a few gay friends. They are a great asset to this society and are law abiding tax payers. They deserve their legal rights and rightly said by one of the advocates that we owe an apology to them for criminalizing their natural instinct.

As long as they are not threats to society or wrongdoers they should be allowed all the rights that they deserve as a citizen irrespective of their sexual preferences.

It is a hypocrisy that our society has so far not criminalized something heinous as marital rape but they were criminalized for their sexual preferences.

There is a scientific reason behind criminalising that practice. That leads to more spread of STDs etc which will again put pressure on the government to provide healthcare facilities. That is why it was good to criminalise that practice.

Why to criminalize a practice that follows the natural instinct of a human?? 

Spreading awareness about STDs is the real solution and not criminalizing it. We have many cases of AIDS due to unprotected sex and multiple sexual partners among heterosexuals.

There are enough medical and psychological evidences to suggest that it is not a mental issue but a natural instinct. What is criminal about it that it should be criminalized?

Other thing they are a rightful citizen of a country and many of them are tax payers and Government has every responsibility to take care of their health issues. It is a very illogical argument that just because it will have extra expense on government to provide them healthcare, just criminalize them. Does not it sound similar to killing a girl child because in future we will have to pay dowry and that would be extra burden. So should be fight against dowry, increase awareness in society or kill daughters....which one makes more sense or is more progressive??

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Many here have voiced that homosexuality is against laws of nature, but please do believe that nature works in a strange manner and we cannot even begin to understand it fully. This kind of inclination has been observed even amongst animals and birds and so who are we to say that same-sex attraction is against the law? There are many people, significantly in Muslim community, who think of nothing while marrying girls as young as 6 and 7 years of age and then going on to molest her in the guise of wedlock. No one is seen protesting against that! Isn't that against nature too? There are many, including film superstars who have illegitimate relationships with both men and women, no one seems to be talking against that! So why target those common people who go their own way, pay taxes and usually do no harm to others and judge them for no reason.

Kalyani@, first thing we are not animal, second thing God give us brain, animal have not brain like us. We can think what is right and wrong.  No one is in favor of marriage of 6 and 7 years old girls. Law of country is also prohibited child marriage. Shard act is to stop child marriage. Today it is looking nothing wrong in homosexuality, but in future we all will feel its side effects.

@Anil- BTW what will be the probable side effects of sec 377 as per you?

Only thing what I feel is now people won't hide their sexuality but will be bold enough to tell others about it. 

I have seen males who are pressurised to get married by their parents as they know who they are but can't even think of discussing it with anyone. 

They know they will be seen differently by the society as homosexuality is not legal in India. But now they may be able to tell to others what they feel and what they want. 

In Imphal, we can see many homosexuals and lesbians going about their daily routine works. Even before Section 377 came into effects, the society has learn to accept them. No doubt some people still don't accept them fully and use derogatory term '' homo' to describe them, but many accepts them. 

Many of the homosexuals in Imphal are working as beauticians or dress designers. And women and girls avail their services without any problems as they do their jobs properly.

jabeen wrote:

In Imphal, we can see many homosexuals and lesbians going about their daily routine works. Even before Section 377 came into effects, the society has learn to accept them. No doubt some people still don't accept them fully and use derogatory term '' homo' to describe them, but many accepts them. 

Many of the homosexuals in Imphal are working as beauticians or dress designers. And women and girls avail their services without any problems as they do their jobs properly.

I find our North eastern states have much progressive social outlook. They have less social evils and crimes compared to other states. They enjoy better gender equality too. There is a lot to learn from them.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: jabeen
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I find our North eastern states have much progressive social outlook. They have less social evils and crimes compared to other states. They enjoy better gender equality too. There is a lot to learn from them.

Is it so? I have never been to North Eastern part of India.

Its not that what you said. I just googled and saw below:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/city/guwahati/Every-4-hours-a-woman-is-molested-in-Assam/amp_articleshow/39278133.cms

It says that every 4 hour a woman is molested in assam which high in my opinion. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.