Jan Dhan Yojna is working for bringing about financial inclusion in the country. Under this scheme government is targeting to open bank accounts for everyone, to promote this government has decided to give subsidies directly in the person's bank account which will also reduce corruption and also promote financial inclusion in the country.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think it is a good initiative. Financial inclusion of all is a big step towards economic growth of country. As per the statistics it seems to be going good so far and many new accounts have been opened.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Jan dhan yojna was very useful for the common man .but the government is not nureturning as he adveating. So it is proving like white elephant. Gvornament is using the yojna to misguide the common peoples. 
Arivesh kumar Rathor wrote:
Jan dhan yojna was very useful for the common man .but the government is not nureturning as he adveating. So it is proving like white elephant. Gvornament is using the yojna to misguide the common peoples. 

One must not  except 100% perfection. Every plan have some drawbacks.These can be remove. It is enough that some peoples are getting benefits of this plan. This plan is helpful in increasing banking habits in peoples.

I am skeptical about this initiative, I am positive about the fact that people are included in the banking fold & thereby receiving benefits directly to bank account excluding the middle men, but to what extent are they using its facilities like ATM's, Digi Payments, Cheque Book needs to be overlooked.

Also what charges are being levied on the customers account needs to be supervised as many will not use much of the services & if the Bank is charging their charges then it will be a loss to the common man.

Education & Awareness campaigns about the services of the Banks & their benefits must be conducted so that the rural Indians understand, evaluate, take decisions & be confident in using Bank Account much more effectively.

Overall a nice move, but still work in this field needs to be done to make the program successful, this is just the beginning.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: arjun sai
epraneeth77 wrote:

I am skeptical about this initiative, I am positive about the fact that people are included in the banking fold & thereby receiving benefits directly to bank account excluding the middle men, but to what extent are they using its facilities like ATM's, Digi Payments, Cheque Book needs to be overlooked.

Also what charges are being levied on the customers account needs to be supervised as many will not use much of the services & if the Bank is charging their charges then it will be a loss to the common man.

Education & Awareness campaigns about the services of the Banks & their benefits must be conducted so that the rural Indians understand, evaluate, take decisions & be confident in using Bank Account much more effectively.

Overall a nice move, but still work in this field needs to be done to make the program successful, this is just the beginning.

Very good point. Last year we had many cases where the balance in account of poor people was reduced to zero because they were not able to maintain minimum balance of Rs 2000 due to which bank put a penalty on them. Poor people in India live hand to mouth only then how is it possible to maintain minimum balance. These conditions should not be applicable to poor people.

epraneeth77 wrote:

It is not possible that this program will success in one or two days, it will require some years. People accept it when they get direct benefits. Benefits of some schemes like pension and gas subsidy is depositing is accounts peoples, they need not to go anywhere for it. In coming government may be begins to give direct subsidy of public distribution system in bank accounts. These direct benefits will motivate peoples to operate bank accounts.

Can you please elaborate on how the government is uding the yojna to misguide the common people ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: arjun sai
usha manohar wrote:

Can you please elaborate on how the government is uding the yojna to misguide the common people ?

government is not misusing Jan Dhan yojna, Direct deposit of subsidy pension etc is more easy after this plan. In coming government will pay cash for all subsidy, it is of PDP or fertilizers.

arjun sai wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Very good point. Last year we had many cases where the balance in account of poor people was reduced to zero because they were not able to maintain minimum balance of Rs 2000 due to which bank put a penalty on them. Poor people in India live hand to mouth only then how is it possible to maintain minimum balance. These conditions should not be applicable to poor people.

Minimum balance is not required in account of Jan Dahn Yojna, if some banks are charging penalty that it is wrong. Accounts holder should be complaint for it.

anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Minimum balance is not required in account of Jan Dahn Yojna, if some banks are charging penalty that it is wrong. Accounts holder should be complaint for it.

Actually I read this news in newspaper that SBI is charging if you don't maintain minimum balance. There were few poor people who had 200-300 in their account and when they went to withdraw the amount it was already zero. 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.