Govt has rejected army's demand for higher  military service pay  hike ..while the entire cabinet stands up together when it is a question of hiking their own perks and pay packages , I fail to see why the army should not get what they deserve .There is money for statues , for bullet train and of course to look after the lives of our non performing politicians. But when it comes to armed forces who sacrifice their lives to keep the nation safe , there is bargaining. What kind d of a message is the govt sending out? That their lives don't matter as much as the elected representative s  ( most of them corrupt) lives? I sincerely hope the govt looks into it and make amends ...

https://www.younews.in/news/govt-rejects-demand-for-higher-military-service-pay-for-1-lakh-personnel-army-upset/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3KtRcBPq8UirIo4tiTEZlWzBaiK2hDbFNK7ECvIjhLGHK6BGEUiqpKgns

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You have a point there. I fail to understand why every party talks big while in opposition and sleep over the issues regarding army's reasonable demands. It's not limited to pay hike but other necessary requirement which are must to uplift the army's moral and security of the country. Why the governments talk left and right but do not take a just path for the development of army and nation on wider aspect.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
suni51 wrote:

You have a point there. I fail to understand why every party talks big while in opposition and sleep over the issues regarding army's reasonable demands. It's not limited to pay hike but other necessary requirement which are must to uplift the army's moral and security of the country. Why the governments talk left and right but do not take a just path for the development of army and nation on wider aspect.

To be fair some things have been done by this govt like providing bullet proof jackets and bunkers , but pay is something else. It is for the sustainance of their entire family.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

To be fair some things have been done by this govt like providing bullet proof jackets and bunkers , but pay is something else. It is for the sustainance of their entire family.

Bullet proof jackets and bunkers is ok but it can't meet the needs of families of soldiers. Government must be look in this matter.If their demands are fair government must be full fill these.

There is already a big shortage of army officers in Our country. According to a data published on July, there is a shortage of about 7000 army personnel at present, which is not a good news. With rejection of hike in their service pay, it would only increase this gap. 

jabeen wrote:

There is already a big shortage of army officers in Our country. According to a data published on July, there is a shortage of about 7000 army personnel at present, which is not a good news. With rejection of hike in their service pay, it would only increase this gap. 

If they continue to underpay them, not many would want to join the army ...

We have already short on higher ranking officers and if the trend continues there will be an accute shortage of persons in lower level too.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is quite an irony, given the fact that the Politicians use even Army as Vote Bank Politics by appealing to the people that they are doing good to the army by providing safe jackets and attacking the enemy with surgical strikes and thereby branding the party, no doubt it is not bad, but what is the use when their livelihood is not improved?

Btw I have a small doubt in this, do Army people not vote? If they do vote, then this pay should have been granted, but may be the population of army is rather less it doesn't matter to the government and hence does not want to drain the exchequer for non beneficial transactions.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:

I am agree with pay gap, but it is not true that people are not interested in joining army. I don't about your area but in area army every year army invite peoples to join army. Thousand young applied every year. Recruitment procedure is too much tough. So out of  thousand few are qualified to join army. Government must be took some efforts to give training to join army.

suni51 wrote:

We have already short on higher ranking officers and if the trend continues there will be an accute shortage of persons in lower level too.

Country have not facilities of preparing for joining army like other jobs for lower level. 

epraneeth77 wrote:

This is quite an irony, given the fact that the Politicians use even Army as Vote Bank Politics by appealing to the people that they are doing good to the army by providing safe jackets and attacking the enemy with surgical strikes and thereby branding the party, no doubt it is not bad, but what is the use when their livelihood is not improved?

Btw I have a small doubt in this, do Army people not vote? If they do vote, then this pay should have been granted, but may be the population of army is rather less it doesn't matter to the government and hence does not want to drain the exchequer for non beneficial transactions.

Why should there be any doubt about army men.voting ? Aren't they citizens of India ? Since you state their number is small , it shouldn't be a problem and definitely not a drain on the exchequer..but just for the record I am.quoting the below

During 2010, the Indian Armed Forces had a reported strength of 1.4 million active personnel and 2.1 million reserve personnel. In addition, there were as per records approximately 1.3 million paramilitary personnel, thereby making it one of the world's largest military forces

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.