Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

When Devendra Fadnavis became CM of Maharashtra, one of the first things he did away with was to get rid of middlemen between farmers and the consumers so that the farmers get the maximum returns for their hard work. Many farmers did indeed benefit greatly from this, but the nexus of the middlemen and the politicians (mainly NCP) is too great to be broken easily. It is the NCP politicians who own most of the co-operative societies that are established for farmers and dairy farmers and they stood to lose the most when middlemen were done away with. So they started actually buying numerous farmers by dubious means and got them to stick to the methods of farming and distribution that have been followed until now, plus taking part in agitations, demonstrations and what not. Word is that even majority of farmers committing suicides have been made to do so by certain politicians. So how long this vicious cycle will carry on is anyone's guess. But to blame only the BJP government for neglecting farmers will not be really fair.

Yes most of governments are neglect farmers. In my area farming is based on canal water. Water in canal is depends on Punjab government.  Agitation for water is work of every day. But government and burocrates is not serious about it. Farmer is facing problem at every step. With hard labour they are producing grains. it is very disappointing for them not to get fair price of their crops. System is not in favor of farmers.

There seems to be no end to their plight and asfar as the leaders are concerned,  even if there is something they have thought of, they will not implement it until election time to get maximum mileage ..

Another distressing story of a farmer

https://m.indiatimes.com/news/india/farmer-invested-rs-2-lakh-to-produce-2-657-kg-of-onion-crop-earns-only-rs-6-sends-it-to-cm-fadnavis-358260.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

There seems to be no end to their plight and asfar as the leaders are concerned,  even if there is something they have thought of, they will not implement it until election time to get maximum mileage ..

https://m.indiatimes.com/news/india/farmer-invested-rs-2-lakh-to-produce-2-657-kg-of-onion-crop-earns-only-rs-6-sends-it-to-cm-fadnavis-358260.html

Its very sad if it is true. They invest so much to produce their yields and if the return is just a paltry sum like that, no farmers will be motivated to continue farming.

I would however like to be cautious about reading such stories. Farmers even if illiterate are wise people. I had the opportunities of interacting with farmers in Rajasthan for around 2 years. As far as I know, before they take their products to markets, they get all the details such as transport cost, market price, likely return and so on. I am sure farmers in other parts of India are no different.

No doubt, sometimes farmers make loss but to get just a pittance is really doubtful. It might be an exaggerated version may be on the behest of some political parties.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

Totally agree with Usha. Many such stories are exaggeration to make up a political backing. Things are misused and presented in a very misguiding way. Fake news and fake videos are something that can not be ruled out in today's time where there are so many sources of information and news and not all are reliable.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Its very sad if it is true. They invest so much to produce their yields and if the return is just a paltry sum like that, no farmers will be motivated to continue farming.

I would however like to be cautious about reading such stories. Farmers even if illiterate are wise people. I had the opportunities of interacting with farmers in Rajasthan for around 2 years. As far as I know, before they take their products to markets, they get all the details such as transport cost, market price, likely return and so on. I am sure farmers in other parts of India are no different.

No doubt, sometimes farmers make loss but to get just a pittance is really doubtful. It might be an exaggerated version may be on the behest of some political parties.

Let us sincerely hope that it is an exaggeration because if there is any truth, then there is something totally wrong with our system. Having said that , I come from an agricultural household and know for a fact that the government run co operatives pay around 12-15 percent of the market value when they buy..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.