Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

South Africa had reservation as it suffered a lot due to a long practice of Apartheid. They had it for a short period of time and with the proper implementation they could achieve the benefits. Now they have abolished it.

Having reservation for a long period has only demerits. And in our country the benefits are reaped by the same set of people for generations and it has nto actually reached the real needy ones.

Even in India, reservation was supposed to last for only 10 years which Dr. Ambedkar insisted was enough for the downtrodden to be brought into the mainstream after which they were supposed to work hard and earn their status and place in society. But congress, ensured that they remained at the bottom of the ladder and kept them that way by not stopping the reservation. I personally feel that had reservation stopped long ago, people would have fallen into the habit of working hard and recognising the true value of merit, which would have helped our country turn into a developed nation long ago!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, jabeen, Arunima Singh
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

South Africa had reservation as it suffered a lot due to a long practice of Apartheid. They had it for a short period of time and with the proper implementation they could achieve the benefits. Now they have abolished it.

Having reservation for a long period has only demerits. And in our country the benefits are reaped by the same set of people for generations and it has nto actually reached the real needy ones.

Even in India, reservation was supposed to last for only 10 years which Dr. Ambedkar insisted was enough for the downtrodden to be brought into the mainstream after which they were supposed to work hard and earn their status and place in society. But congress, ensured that they remained at the bottom of the ladder and kept them that way by not stopping the reservation. I personally feel that had reservation stopped long ago, people would have fallen into the habit of working hard and recognising the true value of merit, which would have helped our country turn into a developed nation long ago!

I agree, caste based reservation has been a curse to the development of the nation. We probably wouldn't have seen jokers like Mayawati,Lalu,Yadavs and many others who are there because of their caste and not their capability..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Is there away we can bring equality back to the Nation by coming out breaking cast related shackles. I think this country would not attain its true glory unless we get rid of cast based politics.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Is there away we can bring equality back to the Nation by coming out breaking cast related shackles. I think this country would not attain its true glory unless we get rid of cast based politics.

Caste based reservations can be removed only when all the political parties make sincere effirts to remove it. Everyone is aware that it causes more harm than benefits to the downtrodden but its a case of who ll bell the cat!!  If South Africa could successfully abolish it, why not India? Case studies should be done about how they successfully abolish it.

jabeen wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Caste based reservations can be removed only when all the political parties make sincere effirts to remove it. Everyone is aware that it causes more harm than benefits to the downtrodden but its a case of who ll bell the cat!!  If South Africa could successfully abolish it, why not India? Case studies should be done about how they successfully abolish it.

Yes it is harmful for country, but it is  benefit of politicians. They don't know any other politics than cast and religion. Some politicians like Mayawati, Laloo, Ramvilas and some more are children of casteism. 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I agree, caste based reservation has been a curse to the development of the nation. We probably wouldn't have seen jokers like Mayawati,Lalu,Yadavs and many others who are there because of their caste and not their capability..

Wait for some more time they will demand reservation in private jobs. They wants reservation every where except army. 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

True...most of these jokers who possess absolutely no intellect, positive intellect that is, no sense or notion of how to lead people well, no vision with respect to where the society and the country should be heading, no education at all. etc. would otherwise are capable of doing nothing but menial jobs, but they are where they are because of reservation and their own criminal talents. Not just politics, but every aspect of life is now degraded and mediocre because of this. Notably the education system is in complete shambles. University of Pune, which was one an epitome of excellent education and turned out stalwarts in numerous fields, had excellent philosophers and intellectuals as it chancellors and professors is now so much in shambles because of reservation, you should hear the kind of language the people working there now talk in. Losing examination papers written by students after a lot of hard work is a daily norm. And the less we speak of mismanagement and corruption, the better. Similar might be the story of all other such prestigious institutions, I am quite sure of it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: anil, Arunima Singh, suni51

I have attended several seminars dealing with the subject of reservation each time being made to believe by the organisers that it is really needed and so there is need to debate and convince all those who are against reservations ...Each time i have become firmer in my opinion that reservation is a curse to  this country ,even to the backward classes because they have to go round with the badge all through their life and even in cases where they are deserving they will be viewed with suspicion.

We had such a case once where a headmaster , although very efficient ,because of his caste was never given much respect which I felt was unfair. He was so depressed and frustrated and could not even share his feelings with anyone . Finally,he took an early retirement !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
usha manohar wrote:

I have attended several seminars dealing with the subject of reservation each time being made to believe by the organisers that it is really needed and so there is need to debate and convince all those who are against reservations ...Each time i have become firmer in my opinion that reservation is a curse to  this country ,even to the backward classes because they have to go round with the badge all through their life and even in cases where they are deserving they will be viewed with suspicion.

We had such a case once where a headmaster , although very efficient ,because of his caste was never given much respect which I felt was unfair. He was so depressed and frustrated and could not even share his feelings with anyone . Finally,he took an early retirement !

Here in my area I never listen that some person who are from reserve class is not treating fairly. What you write above is a exception.

A caste based reservation is not a wise step. Most of the discrimination in society are due to economic disparity. If you belong to a lower caste but are economically sound, you can enjoy all the opportunities in life as you can financially afford it. Such people do not deserve to get reservation or favor of any sort. Caste based reservation is a never ending thing because for generations will belong to same caste. Economic based reservation if implemented well can be very effective. If one generation gets the favor, the next generation will not need it.

I personally feel that there should be no reservation. I would advocate for a good quality free education for all poor till Senior Secondary and then education loan to empower them for further studies based on merit.

But if we want to really work on bridging the social gap, we can implement only economic based reservation in 20%. Rest 80% should be free of quota. If this only is implemented effectively, we can see the changes in few years.

Our reservation system is more of eye wash and political stunt. On ground level, it is not working for what it is intent to work.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.