Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

A caste based reservation is not a wise step. Most of the discrimination in society are due to economic disparity. If you belong to a lower caste but are economically sound, you can enjoy all the opportunities in life as you can financially afford it. Such people do not deserve to get reservation or favor of any sort. Caste based reservation is a never ending thing because for generations will belong to same caste. Economic based reservation if implemented well can be very effective. If one generation gets the favor, the next generation will not need it.

I personally feel that there should be no reservation. I would advocate for a good quality free education for all poor till Senior Secondary and then education loan to empower them for further studies based on merit.

But if we want to really work on bridging the social gap, we can implement only economic based reservation in 20%. Rest 80% should be free of quota. If this only is implemented effectively, we can see the changes in few years.

Our reservation system is more of eye wash and political stunt. On ground level, it is not working for what it is intent to work.

At present reservation is available at more than one stage. Education, selection is government service and than in promotion. In these days reservation is enjoyed by financially sound peoples. It is the reason that cut point of reserve class is almost equal to general class. 

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

A caste based reservation is not a wise step. Most of the discrimination in society are due to economic disparity. If you belong to a lower caste but are economically sound, you can enjoy all the opportunities in life as you can financially afford it. Such people do not deserve to get reservation or favor of any sort. Caste based reservation is a never ending thing because for generations will belong to same caste. Economic based reservation if implemented well can be very effective. If one generation gets the favor, the next generation will not need it.

I personally feel that there should be no reservation. I would advocate for a good quality free education for all poor till Senior Secondary and then education loan to empower them for further studies based on merit.

But if we want to really work on bridging the social gap, we can implement only economic based reservation in 20%. Rest 80% should be free of quota. If this only is implemented effectively, we can see the changes in few years.

Our reservation system is more of eye wash and political stunt. On ground level, it is not working for what it is intent to work.

At present reservation is available at more than one stage. Education, selection is government service and than in promotion. In these days reservation is enjoyed by financially sound peoples. It is the reason that cut point of reserve class is almost equal to general class. 

The reserved categories have another advantage too, where minimum age for job selection is concerned...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

By the way does anybody know how to apply for EWS Category? I mean the process and the website to visit to apply to become eligible to appear for CG Exams in EWS Category,

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

The reserved categories have another advantage too, where minimum age for job selection is concerned...

Yes a half old person of reserve class is eligible for government service.

Arunima Singh wrote:

If I am not mistaken, even at present those belonging to lowere caste but economically in a better position cannot enjoy quota as there is creamy layer system. 

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

If I am not mistaken, even at present those belonging to lowere caste but economically in a better position cannot enjoy quota as there is creamy layer system. 

I am really not sure if the creamy layer system is just there for certain poeple because I personally quite a few people who belong to backward classes but own substantial properties and income and still get reservation benefits.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

The creamy layer limit is so high that a person earning Rs 8 lacs per year is goo to take advantage of the facilities. And this has been increased from 6 to 8 lac in the last year itself. Now how many of you would believe it's fair enough?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

With regard to seats for educational institutions and jobs , as long as they have the required documents to show that they belong to a certain reserved category , they are entitled to it . But , when it is a case of direct financial benefit like for example getting a house site or financial assistance to build/renovate/repair a house and getting free water and electricity , they need to show that they come below the stipulated economic guidelines.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
suni51 wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

The creamy layer limit is so high that a person earning Rs 8 lacs per year is goo to take advantage of the facilities. And this has been increased from 6 to 8 lac in the last year itself. Now how many of you would believe it's fair enough?

Supporter of reservation is still not satisfied with it. They wants that here should be not any creamy layer. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I am really not sure if the creamy layer system is just there for certain poeple because I personally quite a few people who belong to backward classes but own substantial properties and income and still get reservation benefits.

That's the problem with India. Though the creamy layer concept is there to prevent misuse of quota system, as it is not properly implemented, many undeserving people take benefits of reservation system.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.