Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Part privatization might help ...in UK all service providers have been partially privatized , also giving company shares to the employees at a base rate which automatically increases efficiency. I feel we need to adapt measures that has all round benefit rather than give all control to private companies . It is more in the interesest of the citizens 

Remember it is India not UK. I am also not in favor of giving all control to private companies. 

What exactly do you mean by that ? That we need to remain down in the dumps forever? Instead of following style trends it would be far more beneficial to follow a system that benefits all and after all most of what we follow now is what was implemented during the British rule ... Why pretend otherwise?

I mean what it possible in UK is not possible in India. India have much strong labor unions. You are right we must be think for benefit of all but privatization of a big company like BSNL is not a easy task. In India private service also not much good one.

It is a cut throat competition and with such stiff competition anyone has to maintain that quality service and product.  BSNL failed to do so and so is going through this stage.  I agree with Usha and Sunil that privatization is the only option to revive.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Part privatization might help ...in UK all service providers have been partially privatized , also giving company shares to the employees at a base rate which automatically increases efficiency. I feel we need to adapt measures that has all round benefit rather than give all control to private companies . It is more in the interesest of the citizens 

Remember it is India not UK. I am also not in favor of giving all control to private companies. 

What exactly do you mean by that ? That we need to remain down in the dumps forever? Instead of following style trends it would be far more beneficial to follow a system that benefits all and after all most of what we follow now is what was implemented during the British rule ... Why pretend otherwise?

I mean what it possible in UK is not possible in India. India have much strong labor unions. You are right we must be think for benefit of all but privatization of a big company like BSNL is not a easy task. In India private service also not much good one.

Comparing to government service, in many of the sector private companies provide better services. They don't take their customers for granted.

I totally agree that private companies are far more efficient and cost effective because there is commitment and the need to perform and earn profit . However, when there is trouble it is the employees who suffer the most like it happened in Kingfisher and now in Jet airways because the creamy layer is aware of the losses much before and would have taken steps much before to see that their personal financial status is safe guarded. Now coming back to public sector , Air India ,BSNL and HPCL have been showing losses for decades but are cushioned by the government , so the employees are safe. So there is a flip side to both these scenarios. When we consider the case of several part privatization done in the past we see how profitable it has been like in the case of Maruti, IOCL , BALCO, ITC and several others. The employees are given a part if the company shares which spurs them on and the govt too is profiting . I am all for part privatization which helps all without shooting someone up the ladder or drowning them.completely .. when these companies benefit we all benefit in the long run. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen, epraneeth77

I am not in favor of complete privatization. Private companies are not too much interested in providing service in sub urban and rural area. 

Recently it came in news that BSNL has lost its ground even in Rural areas which was its main strength and reason for it not shutting down. Now the order of market share is Airtel, Vodafone, Jio and BSNL.

Last is BSNL. VRS might be done compulsorily now I guess. There is lot of misuse of funds at the top management which is hurting BSNL. Accomodation, Trips are being taken for granted.

Also I have read in news that BSNL made an agreement with Jio that Jio can use BSNL towers for network but BSNL cannot use Jio towers, due to which Govt is not supporting funds or any other support to BSNL.

Now, the latest news is that India Post has recorded the highest losses for PSU's overtaking BSNL & Air India.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Both BSNL and Postal Dept of India are two of the largest concerns in the world and they show losses only because of mis management. I sincerely hope that the Modi govt , if elected back takes a grip on these two and turn them into profitable ventures. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
usha manohar wrote:

Both BSNL and Postal Dept of India are two of the largest concerns in the world and they show losses only because of mis management. I sincerely hope that the Modi govt , if elected back takes a grip on these two and turn them into profitable ventures. 

I agree! And privatization is not a solution because that would only lead to increased costs which would unaffordable to common people. As of now, Speed Post is probably the only reliable and trustworthy delivery service which people can afford in a time when private courier services cost a rocket! The only thing which is needed is to tighten the screws and kick the people working in post offices and Bsnl in their posteriors and make them work to earn the exorbitant salaries they are paid!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think the present government has already decided to change the way Indian Postal Department works at present moment. They are planning to use wide spread network of postal department as local banking method and also as retail centers like postal centers work in many developed countries. You can find train reservation, banking, postal and other government tax deposit facilities as well daily use items in post office. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.