Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
epraneeth77 wrote:

Recently it came in news that BSNL has lost its ground even in Rural areas which was its main strength and reason for it not shutting down. Now the order of market share is Airtel, Vodafone, Jio and BSNL.

Last is BSNL. VRS might be done compulsorily now I guess. There is lot of misuse of funds at the top management which is hurting BSNL. Accomodation, Trips are being taken for granted.

Also I have read in news that BSNL made an agreement with Jio that Jio can use BSNL towers for network but BSNL cannot use Jio towers, due to which Govt is not supporting funds or any other support to BSNL.

Now, the latest news is that India Post has recorded the highest losses for PSU's overtaking BSNL & Air India.

It is my experience that private internet service is not good one. If BSNL will be shut down than which service person like me will used. I have Jio connection but it is too much slow and I can't complain for it to anyone. 

usha manohar wrote:

Both BSNL and Postal Dept of India are two of the largest concerns in the world and they show losses only because of mis management. I sincerely hope that the Modi govt , if elected back takes a grip on these two and turn them into profitable ventures. 

Post Dept have not work. So VRS is good to reduce work force. Post Dept is also doing banking work but its working style is not like a bank. So if government convert in post come bank that it may be work more perfectly.

suni51 wrote:

I think the present government has already decided to change the way Indian Postal Department works at present moment. They are planning to use wide spread network of postal department as local banking method and also as retail centers like postal centers work in many developed countries. You can find train reservation, banking, postal and other government tax deposit facilities as well daily use items in post office. 

Yes it is right but present employees of Post Dept is not trained for it. Government must be appoint some expert of these field in Post Dept.

suni51 wrote:

I think the present government has already decided to change the way Indian Postal Department works at present moment. They are planning to use wide spread network of postal department as local banking method and also as retail centers like postal centers work in many developed countries. You can find train reservation, banking, postal and other government tax deposit facilities as well daily use items in post office. 

That is good! But I still feel that the employees in this department are too laidback and do not take work seriously! I now pay most of my bills online but sometimes I do have  to go the Telephone exchange to pay my landline phone bill and have to wait for 5-190 minutes for no reason, there are no customers in line or any such thing but the lady at the cash counter is busy yapping to someone on the phone which is free to use at her disposal because she works there. She is busy talking to friends about some or the other nonsense and will pay attention to me only when her conversation is over! Same is case with post office, although there are exceptions now, but most of the workers still are unable to work on computers efficiently and so cause a holdup leading to lone lines! If they worked better and smarter, they would not run in losses.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That is good! But I still feel that the employees in this department are too laidback and do not take work seriously! I now pay most of my bills online but sometimes I do have  to go the Telephone exchange to pay my landline phone bill and have to wait for 5-190 minutes for no reason, there are no customers in line or any such thing but the lady at the cash counter is busy yapping to someone on the phone which is free to use at her disposal because she works there. She is busy talking to friends about some or the other nonsense and will pay attention to me only when her conversation is over! Same is case with post office, although there are exceptions now, but most of the workers still are unable to work on computers efficiently and so cause a holdup leading to lone lines! If they worked better and smarter, they would not run in losses.

Yes I am agree with you. If we go to cash our saving certificate, post office will take one or two days to pay. In some post office staff also demand some bribe to cash saving certificate.

I on the other hand have had very good experience of the postal service. I have a savings bank account and fds for which I get prompt notification every month when the interest gets credited and the speed post is most reliable and is as fast as the courier services , charging 25 percent of what the couriers charge. I have never heard of bribes , in fact the lady who takes care of my fds is a postal agent and she gives me part of the incentive she gets which I refuse , but she insists I take it .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I on the other hand have had very good experience of the postal service. I have a savings bank account and fds for which I get prompt notification every month when the interest gets credited and the speed post is most reliable and is as fast as the courier services , charging 25 percent of what the couriers charge. I have never heard of bribes , in fact the lady who takes care of my fds is a postal agent and she gives me part of the incentive she gets which I refuse , but she insists I take it .

It is good thing that you have good experience of postal service. Once I want to mark lean of my NSC. Post master charged 20 Rs for it. And on encashment they charged 100 Rs. Earlier I also have RD account. After maturity they will take much time to calculate interest and in payment. Some time they have not cash. Now I have not any account with post office.

usha manohar wrote:

I too have never heard of bribes until now and my personal experience regarding savings certificates etc. as well as speed post is quite good. But regarding the regular mail, it is a matter of concern where the employees are still very not serious with work and most mails fail to arrive on time. Also, there are certain branches where employees are not efficient. Problems are many but we are already seeing some good changes ever since Modi came. But the journey is a long one and they have to yet go far.,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have never heard about bribes too but the one who used to come to deliver important documents like driving licence, passport, bank related papers or even a money order (way back) etc would expect some money in form of a tip. But that is thing of the past. Now the postman who used to come on bicycle comes on a motorbike and never asks for anything. It was the same with lineman from telephone department but no more.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I have never heard about bribes too but the one who used to come to deliver important documents like driving licence, passport, bank related papers or even a money order (way back) etc would expect some money in form of a tip. But that is thing of the past. Now the postman who used to come on bicycle comes on a motorbike and never asks for anything. It was the same with lineman from telephone department but no more.

But what I wrote is not wrong. I never pay tip to postman. I paid 20 Rs for lean mark and 100 Rs on encashment of NSC. It may be trend in my area.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.