Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I have never heard about bribes too but the one who used to come to deliver important documents like driving licence, passport, bank related papers or even a money order (way back) etc would expect some money in form of a tip. But that is thing of the past. Now the postman who used to come on bicycle comes on a motorbike and never asks for anything. It was the same with lineman from telephone department but no more.

Giving a tip is okay as we tip people from other professions too, to waiters when we eat out etc. We often buy art reference books from overseas and the packages are very heavy  and it is indeed cumbersome to carry those heavy books around on your route, so I quite give 20-30 rupees to the postman who brings them to us. I also tip similar amount to the delivery person bringing us our LPG cylinder so, that is not a problem as these people earn barely sufficient salaries.

I am listening first time from you for tips to LPG cylinder delivery person. Here giving tip to postman is also not a tradition, although here some person, businessmen, gives them some gift on festivals.

Paying a tip to LPG delivery man is common here. I pay 20 rupees and those living on higher floors in apartments pay a little more ..

Yes it is in yours area but we have not this system. Here more over houses are single story and LPG delivery man is giving delivery on road.

Coming back to the topic , I see that most BSNL employees are against privatization probably because they fear losing their jobs . I however feel it is unfair to say that they don't work hard because they do put in  the required number of hours . I see that in private concerns it is a different work culture , more target based within a time frame which in the long run can drain a person out . We hear of stress based ailments both physical and mental with regard to IT employees , all because of work pressure which is constant. They are expected to work far more than what they are paid .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
usha manohar wrote:

Coming back to the topic , I see that most BSNL employees are against privatization probably because they fear losing their jobs . I however feel it is unfair to say that they don't work hard because they do put in  the required number of hours . I see that in private concerns it is a different work culture , more target based within a time frame which in the long run can drain a person out . We hear of stress based ailments both physical and mental with regard to IT employees , all because of work pressure which is constant. They are expected to work far more than what they are paid .

Indeed, BSNL employees are rather lazy and have less work. Work without aim or target is dangerous, especially in Govt employment. Not only do people become less skilled, but also become a very outdated work force.

Part Privatization is a very encouraging idea. Should see how the BSNL perceives it. Whatever may be the perception, VRS seems to be inevitable and had to be compulsorily adopted by the Enterprise.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I think it's area specific. Maybe the workers in south are better compared to how they work in north but there is no doubt about the fact that they seriously lack the willingness to work or compete with private sector. They know that their promotion and hike in salary is time based and not work based.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

Yes working in private sector is not easy. Not only only IT all field have typical working condition. My son is working in ICICI bank, he have too much work load. Duty time is 9 AM to 6 PM. But he is working till the 9 PM and some more. They have not right to join any employee association. Pay is good one but structure is not good one.

suni51 wrote:

I think it's area specific. Maybe the workers in south are better compared to how they work in north but there is no doubt about the fact that they seriously lack the willingness to work or compete with private sector. They know that their promotion is and hike in salary is time based and not work based.

True, I have never had a reason to complaint against them. I have a BSNL connection and the technician s are promptly there if and when I need their service

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes working in private sector is not easy. Not only only IT all field have typical working condition. My son is working in ICICI bank, he have too much work load. Duty time is 9 AM to 6 PM. But he is working till the 9 PM and some more. They have not right to join any employee association. Pay is good one but structure is not good one.

It is stressful work that is bound to cause health issues in the long run ..there are numerous complaints already with IT personnel with regard to both mental stress causing unhappiness and health issues. A balance between the two sectors would be far more healthier and productive.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Indeed, there have been good results with PPP(Public Private Partnership) model of projects. I think the same applies to companies as well, where a model of government and private can be combined to create an optimum balance between work and life balance.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I think it's area specific. Maybe the workers in south are better compared to how they work in north but there is no doubt about the fact that they seriously lack the willingness to work or compete with private sector. They know that their promotion is and hike in salary is time based and not work based.

True, I have never had a reason to complaint against them. I have a BSNL connection and the technician s are promptly there if and when I need their service

I have a BSNL connection too (with other two from Airtel and JIO) and I have no intention to surrender it as it costs me almost nothing. I have a 2 G plan on it which costs me only Rs 34 every six month and that's about it. However, the service is too bad but I have to keep it because my important accounts are associated with it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too have a BSNL Landline but the service is extremely poor and slow. The technicians are rather lazy and might have been thinking that BSNL brand image is good enough to take care of it, however they forget that the technicians themselves are the Brand Ambassadors of the Company.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.