It is a big surprise by Prime Minister to consider a former MEA secreatary in cabinet and award with External Affairs Ministry in place of Sushma Swaraj. Although, we will miss Sushma Ji for her kind and wonderful performance and active role on twitter as well.

S Jaishankar is an IFS officer from the batch of 1977. He has done Master in Arts and has also done MPhil and PhD in International Relations from Jawaharlal National University (JNU). He was MEA Secreatary in Govt. of India for 2015 to 2018. 

He had played very vital role in resolving the Doklam Issue with China. He happens to be expert in matters of foreign relations with America, Russia and China.

Prime Minister Modi knows him since 2012 when during his visit to China as a Gujarat Chief Minister and now PM have applied his art of applying the personalities at the right places by appointing  Mr. S Jaishankar as new External Affairs Minister.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The decision to appoint Mr. Jaishankar as the new External Affairs minister just proves how far-thinking Modi is and also goes to show that unlike previous governments, Modi does not care for sycophants and lobbyists. His decision will make a great difference and Mr. Jaishankar will prove equally competent and valuable in his new role.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

In fact I like this combination of Amit Shah as Home Minister, Rajnath Singh as Defence minister and Subramanyam Jaishankar , a seasoned politician, also a retd IFS officer , who has been high commissioner many times over  as the external affairs minister since they will be working in tandem..I have great hopes with the trio managing our nations security.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sushma Sawraj also have some health problem, so she refused to contest election. Modi is taking decision on merits not on base of personal relation. So I think what he select is good for country. Thanks for sharing information about external affair minister.

He has a good record of being a crisis resolver. I felt that this was the best thing in this times ministry.  I am happy with Amit Shah as Home Minister.  But I somehow felt that Finance should have gone to Goyal.  They could have included Jayant Sinha in some financial role. Also I am not very hopeful about Rajnath Singh as defense minister.  Let's hope he is able to deliver.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

He has a good record of being a crisis resolver. I felt that this was the best thing in this times ministry.  I am happy with Amit Shah as Home Minister.  But I somehow felt that Finance should have gone to Goyal.  They could have included Jayant Sinha in some financial role. Also I am not very hopeful about Rajnath Singh as defense minister.  Let's hope he is able to deliver.  

I thought so too but after reading more about it, I came to know that Sitharaman is an economics post-grad and has had experience with a few firms including PriceWaterhouse in ENgland, which is one of the world's best finance firms. She also worked under Arun Jaitley and he has groomed and taught her a lot so she can be a valuable minister for finance.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I thought so too but after reading more about it, I came to know that Sitharaman is an economics post-grad and has had experience with a few firms including PriceWaterhouse in ENgland, which is one of the world's best finance firms. She also worked under Arun Jaitley and he has groomed and taught her a lot so she can be a valuable minister for finance.

I am.surprised  at how doubts are raised when a highly qualified and experienced politician like Nirmala Seetharaman is given a powerful portfolio while she is compared  to Indira Gandhi  who held both the positions before. Tje congress party would of course never highlight tje fact tnat Indira gandhi was called Ghungi gudiya because she was never considered brainy nor possesed any university  degree although  she joined oxford for a short time, left it, joined a different course but never managed to get a degree . So essentially  she was a matriculate and held some honarary degrees bestowed on her and of course  the family  name and her party and fathers backong.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It's one of the best step that will change the vision of Indian politics. I think we should select the best available talent  in the country to head the related ministries and bring them via upper house. There is no use bringing in old politicians or inactive cine-stars, sportsmen etc in the name of 'giving them recognition'. We need active talent and not inactive show-pieces.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Yes Sitharaman has all qualifications and all experiences too to be suitable for this post.  But in my personal view I felt Goel to be more suitable for FM.  Sitharaman and Goel both have delivered and shown their efficiency in last cabinet. It's my personal feeling that she should have continued as Defense minister.  

Rajnath Singh has not been on delivering front.  He could have been dropped or given some less important profile.  Defense in our country has been always under scams and is now lagging behind a lot in terms of technology and resources.  We need effective person to handle it.  I felt that she handled it very well in last regime. 

Anyway she is clean and efficient and will deliver in the portfolio assigned to her. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Piyush Goyal is a Chartered Accountant and he's surely as competent as Nirmala Sitharaman. The only problem with Goyal is he's not as good orator as Sitharaman. Even, Arun Jaitley was an excellent orator and I'll miss that in Modi 2.0.

Let's wait and watch, Nirmala Sitaraman is not only an eminent politician she knows her business in finance too. Just give her a chance and see what she can do. She will do better in FM compared to her previous tenure.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.