Girish Karnad was quite a personality,  controversial and vocal in his views and totally against the present govt especially Mr Modi. However,  that was his personal view and there is no doubt that he was extremely talented and acted in some path breaking films

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/entertainment/noted-playwright-actor-and-jnanpith-awardee-girish-karnad-dies-at-81/article27710060.ece/amp/

Here is wishing peace..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

He had received the highest literary honour and he was a great personality for the Cinema Industry. He was an Actor, Director, Scholar, Playwright & a Kannada writer.

He was the Jnanpith Award recepient which is the highest literary honour.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very sad to know it. He was one of my favorite actor. God give peace to his soul.

Though he was involved in some controversies, he was one of the most talented actor of Bollywood and had acted in some parallel movies too.May his soul rest in Peace.

I recently watched two of his films where he had a centeal role , one was Swami with Shabana Azmi where he was excellent in a very restrained role and the otjer was Nishant again with Shabana Azmi ..he was a very dignified actor having contributed qualitatively  , a lot to the film industry ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have great respect for his acting talents. RIP Girish Karnad, you will forever live in the memories of Indian cine goers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Girish Karnad was definitely one of the finest actors that Indian cinema got and a dignified one.  Yesterday government declared a holiday here in Bangalore.  But many schools worked sighting their own reasons to work. 

He was a veteran in theater acting and was quite active there till late. 

May his soul rest in peace! 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Girish Karnad was highly qualified and was totally dedicated to writing and art. Apparently his parents were not too happy with his foray into acting preferring that he takes up a government job. 

He directed two critically acclaimed films in Kannada namely Samskara and Vamsha Vriksha , also Utsav in Hindi..

Girish Karnad was a great actor and since he was born and educated in Maharashtra, he was very fluent in Marathi as well. He directed many great films and dramas in Marathi and in some of them he acted as well. His roles are extremely noteworthy and memorable. I especially liked him in the film Umbartha in which Smita Patil was cast alongside him. A great film which was also considered pathbreaking. May his soul find peace.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Girish Karnad was a great actor and since he was born and educated in Maharashtra, he was very fluent in Marathi as well. He directed many great films and dramas in Marathi and in some of them he acted as well. His roles are extremely noteworthy and memorable. I especially liked him in the film Umbartha in which Smita Patil was cast alongside him. A great film which was also considered pathbreaking. May his soul find peace.

Although Girish Karnad was born in Matheran while his father was working there, they later moved to Sirsi , a town in.North Karnataka which is their home town, when he was in elementary  school. He later went to university of Dharwad and did his Masters from Oxford University. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Today news paper published about Grish Karnad. He won 4 times film fare award. He is also awarded with PadamShri. Nishant is a memorable Hindi movie of Karnad.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.