It is hear breaking to see helpless parents  clutching the dead bodies of children simply because the health department, the state health administration,  the state government and the Central Govt too has failed them. I expected the PM to visit Bihar when a tragedy of this scale has taken place because people's lives are far more important than any other issue. It is also disappointing to see Harshvardhan the health minister coming up with insensitive statements and being absorbed in cricket match ...height of  arrogance! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/india/story/what-is-the-india-pak-match-score-bihar-health-minister-asks-in-middle-of-encephalitis-deaths-meeting-1550639-2019-06-17

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is very sad and tragic to hear such news. It came in today's newspaper and also yesterday I saw in news.

The reasons varied from eating more litchi, eating litchi on empty stomach, swelling in brain, mal-nourishment, heatwave, poorer section of society unable to feed well, etc.

Also one of the solution mentioned was early Glucose good have cured their fever.

In the news it is also said that even researchers were unable to find the cause of it.

After reading all the above news, there is one question, do they really know what is hapenning to them and are they concerned enough to find out the cause and solution?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

My heart shrinks when I switch on the news channels to see the toll rising. It's a shame! We know it happens and it happens every year during this season. Still the government and administration fails again and again. This shows their callousness. Steps are taken or rather are being talked about when the damage is already done. Why not be prepared to avoid the damage from happening again and again? Gorakhpur or now Muzaffarpur..such incidence happenns, makes a news headlines and then dies off for some time to happen again. It's very sad. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I am reading about it for last two days. More than 100 innocent children killed. First duty is of State Government to control it. But CM visit yesterday. It is too late. What is meaning of giving reason for this mass death. When innocent children is dying doctors of all India are on strike. It is shame.

The greatest tragedy is the manner in which the politicians have reacted without much care . I did not expect such a reaction from Nitish Kumar , who is directly respondible for the citizens of hls state and when there are so many deaths he and the health minister should be dealing with it from the front .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/india/bihar-cm-nitish-kumar-visits-aes-hit-muzaffarpur-toll-rises-to-107/amp_articleshow/69837748.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

They woke up to take responsibility but it was too late.  We can just hope they can avoid such situation in future.  I just watched news and there is some positive sign.  103 children have been saved in last 48 hours.  They got alert but after a big damage.  In a country like ours such actions are taken only after huge loss be it in Gorakhpur,  Muzaffarpur or dengue and swine flu outbreak in Delhi.  A constant awareness program is needed along with well equipped medical facilities and doctors all the time.  We should not wait for deaths to trigger the actions. 

Arunima Singh wrote:

They woke up to take responsibility but it was too late.  We can just hope they can avoid such situation in future.  I just watched news and there is some positive sign.  103 children have been saved in last 48 hours.  They got alert but after a big damage.  In a country like ours such actions are taken only after huge loss be it in Gorakhpur,  Muzaffarpur or dengue and swine flu outbreak in Delhi.  A constant awareness program is needed along with well equipped medical facilities and doctors all the time.  We should not wait for deaths to trigger the actions. 

It is working culture of country that politician and bureaucracy wake up after big loss. Weather it is because of flood, drought of disease. If people have some problem and contact with government that it never accept demands till the agitations. 

Yesterday there was more shocking news and video footage of tbe deputy CM Sushil kumar Modi of BJP visiting tne place for an inspection and a conference followed by a sumptuous lunch ..shameful indeed !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesnownews.com/amp/videos/times-now/india/over-100-children-dead-in-bihar-but-ministers-feast-on-1500-lunch-ground-report/34607

Whether it is congress, BJP, TMC or any of the other political outfits, the politicians have a knack of displaying their insensitivity when dealing with mass tragedies. It is indeed shameful the way these people behave. Power and money corrupts them in such a way that they kind of think that they will never be affected by personal tragedies. Mass and thorough sensitization of these people is needed now!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Now the media is going around exposing the pathetic condition of hospitals in Bihar.  There are really scary and disturbing pictures coming out.  Dirt and filth around hospital,  lack of toilets and collapsing walls.. The list is endless.  The most horrific one is human skeletons piling in the backyard of some hospital. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar, epraneeth77

Nitish Kumar was hailed as a messiah by the media for all the great reforms and supposed turn over from the jungle raj that Lalu and family had created.  But the inside story seems to be different altogether.  It is disgusting and distressing to see to what level politicians can neglect the very people who gave them power, while making life easier for themselves.. Shame on the lot and this time round the media should be lauded for a thorough investigation. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.