Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
epraneeth77 wrote:

I was always thinking of taking an electric 2 wheeler but not satisfied with the current crop of electric 2 wheelers are not so good, for 2 members, for 1 member it is quite good. These electric bikes are thin, non spacy and very small in size.

Hence I did not prefer them.

However the market seems to be up for a change. Electric is indeed the future and hence good bikes should be on offer soon.

But the three wheeler e-rickshaw which are plying on the streets in Imphal are very spacious. In fact they are more spacious than the autorickshaws that run on petrol. They also do not create noise. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

I was always thinking of taking an electric 2 wheeler but not satisfied with the current crop of electric 2 wheelers are not so good, for 2 members, for 1 member it is quite good. These electric bikes are thin, non spacy and very small in size.

However the market seems to be up for a change. Electric is indeed the future and hence good bikes should be on offer soon.

But the three wheeler e-rickshaw which are plying on the streets in Imphal are very spacious. In fact they are more spacious than the autorickshaws that run on petrol. They also do not create noise. 

It is right these are spacious. It have not noise and smoke. Here in my city street vendors are using it.

We need to think of the future and change our needs and lifestyle accordingly. If it means smaller electric cars that could make a difference to our environment, so be it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, jabeen

I have to buy a new car as my car is more than ten years old. I am having a good discussion with my husband over buying electric vehicle for me. Somehow he is not convinced and feels that it might have maintenance issue in future. Actually we have Innova ( my husband has it) which stands in parking most of the times and comes out rarely. I drive i10 and mostly use for short distance driving. I asked him to replace my car with electric car as that is the most used one. Husband uses office bus for commutation. In case of long drive, we can always go for our other car. But somehow he is not convinced. I am trying to explore more to convince him. SO any feedback from users here who have experience with electric car is welcome.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

It is right these are spacious. It have not noise and smoke. Here in my city street vendors are using it.

Today morning only I saw an electric Auto at railway station. It looks good, very silent and little bigger than normal Auto.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I was also thinking of taking an electric 2 wheeler, but now I dropped it, after seeing the little space it offers. It is very small, in length and breadth.

For me, I require it for 2 persons and also to take any vegetables and other heavy groceries, when i visit the wholesale market. So I am not preferring it right now, but still looking for them, just in case they have upgraded.

I am thinking of buying TVS Jupiter.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:

We need to think of the future and change our needs and lifestyle accordingly. If it means smaller electric cars that could make a difference to our environment, so be it...

I agree Usha! Along with depletion of natural energy resources, the most worrying problem is of rising population leading to traffic jams everywhere. Whenever I see sophisticated and educated people driving huge SUVs with not a single passenger, it makes me a bit upset. The roads are totally jammed with such vehicles and people will keep criticising government for not being able to solve traffic problems, so I guess smaller sized vehicles are quite important.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, jabeen
usha manohar wrote:

Small or big car both are helpful in saving environment. Small electric car may be success if it cost is some what equal or little bit more than 2 wheeler. 

epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Today morning only I saw an electric Auto at railway station. It looks good, very silent and little bigger than normal Auto.

Here in my city these are running for more than 2 years. These are not cheap than diseal and petrol auto, but peoples liking these. Its price is near by 1.25 laks.

Now with increasing petrol & Crude Oil prices, costlier parts of normal cars, one can shift to Electric vehicles.

Charging stations should be installed, which is the most important and significant step that should be taken for faster adoption of electric vehicles.

Tesla coming into Indian market will be a good positive and encouraging sign for other automobile sector, as it means that he has confidence in Indian market for eco friendly vehicles. Then others also will follow.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/people/tesla-may-run-on-indian-roads-in-2020-elon-musk-1564148768169.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.