Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

At present farming in India is not profitable profession. To make it profitable it is necessary that farmers adopt new technology of farming. Zero cost farming is one of them.

You can not have zero cost farming because you have to have basic amenities to grow crops. However, with skill and knowledge one can cut down on expenditure and increase profit levels. There is a lot of importance given to this particular field by private NGOs and government organisations as well

True...agriculture like all other industries is also an industry and there has to be some investment. With time and experience, the costs can be cut down but I don't think absolutely zero investment farming is possible.

Farmers are spending hug amount of seeds, manure and pesticides.  If a farmers have their own seeds, manure and pesticides than it is like no cost farming. In my area some farmers are doing it.

Even here manure and pesticide is made using what is easily available. In my ancestral home they use neem oil, cashew oil made from its outer hard skin and  wood ash 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Actually we the Indians do not believe in experimenting. We follow the easy ways out and fail to take the advantage of innovative ways. We are still using urea and other chemical based fertilizers to increasing the produce which in turn lessen the productivity of the land. We shall have to adapt to multiple crop trend which gives extra income and keep the fields productive too. Governments will also have to support farmers by providing good quality seeds and also local methods of making traditional fertilizers. Giving cash, waiving loans and freebies to farmers is not the solution but giving them more facilities by way of good seeds and fertilizers will change the life of farmers. Better still if the produce is picked and paid at the spot instead of farmers taking their produce to market and play into the hands of mediators.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Actually we the Indians do not believe in experimenting. We follow the easy ways out and fail to take the advantage of innovative ways. We are still using urea and other chemical based fertilizers to increasing the produce which in turn lessen the productivity of the land. We shall have to adapt to multiple crop trend which gives extra income and keep the fields productive too. Governments will also have to support farmers by providing good quality seeds and also local methods of making traditional fertilizers. Giving cash, waiving loans and freebies to farmers is not the solution but giving them more facilities by way of good seeds and fertilizers will change the life of farmers. Better still if the produce is picked and paid at the spot instead of farmers taking their produce to market and play into the hands of mediators.

Every start have seed corporation, which are developing seeds. But it is not enough. Major expenses of farmers is on fertilizers and pesticides. Government is giving subsidy to fertilizer manufactures. If government divert this subsidy to farmers for making traditional fertilizer and pesticides, farmers will attract to make it. Removing mediators is not easy task. State like Punjab have system of buying crops at villages. 

Recently I watched a program on growing aloe vera which is very profitable because it has medicinal and cosmetic use. Apparently many farmers in Rajasthan are growing Aloe Vera in a portion  of their land and reaping good profit .One of them has even managed to start a processing center and lab  with the profit he got.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen
usha manohar wrote:

Recently I watched a program on growing aloe vera which is very profitable because it has medicinal and cosmetic use. Apparently many farmers in Rajasthan are growing Aloe Vera in a portion  of their land and reaping good profit .One of them has even managed to start a processing center and lab  with the profit he got.

It is right that many farmers are growing aloe vera. It needs less water and less care. Animals don't eat it. In coming days farming of this type of plant gets more popularity. Some plant of this family may be proved best alternate of plastic. 

usha manohar wrote:

Its good to read about cutivators experimenting with new plants and new technique and getting success. Internet has brought people closer and farmers are no longer afraid of trying something new when they see people doing the same in other parts of the world. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Its good to read about cutivators experimenting with new plants and new technique and getting success. Internet has brought people closer and farmers are no longer afraid of trying something new when they see people doing the same in other parts of the world. 

Here in Mangalore , farmers owning small sized farm , besides growing two crops of paddy in a year , also grow other crops in between like pulses , vegetables, chilies etc. Almost all privately owned farm lands are lined by coconut and arecanut trees. In our district we have never had any farmer committing suicide since they are self sufficient and most of the produce is for home consumption and whatever extra there is would be sold. Arecanut is a cash crop , which brings in revenue for their needs.

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Here in Mangalore , farmers owning small sized farm , besides growing two crops of paddy in a year , also grow other crops in between like pulses , vegetables, chilies etc. Almost all privately owned farm lands are lined by coconut and arecanut trees. In our district we have never had any farmer committing suicide since they are self sufficient and most of the produce is for home consumption and whatever extra there is would be sold. Arecanut is a cash crop , which brings in revenue for their needs.

Here in my area situation of farming is not much better but it is rare that any farmers committed suicide. Here size farms are large. Here focus of farmers are on commercial crops. But now peoples are also doing farming vegetables, fruits and flowers. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.