Many of our leaders have been saying this and when we look at history , it shows clearly how unpatriotic our previous leaders were and for that matter many of them continue to remain so . India rightfully owns the entire Kashmir region which was part of Hari Singh's domain.. So, there is no question of either ethics or guilt in taking back what has always been ours . I came across this article that throws some light on POK 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jagranjosh.com/general-knowledge/amp/15-interesting-facts-and-history-about-pakistan-occupied-kashmir-pok-1499324721-1

There are many things that need to be considered with regard to POK which is definitely not an easy proposition

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-India-not-gain-Pakistan-administered-Kashmir-even-after-winning-multiple-wars-against-Pakistan?encoded_access_token=1086b36c31aa411d953b2bf6bac224b3

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Most of the facts stated in the first article link I was aware about. The rich reservoirs of various minerals that exists in POK include mines of Uranium and gold among others and Pakistan has been stripping the region of these precious minerals while giving back nothing in return to its people. If you watch India TV channel by Rajat Sharma, you will see the true reality of what situation is in POK now. No other media will show you that. Another thing is that China is building its CPEC corridor which passes through Gilgit-Baltistan and since POK is already way above its head in debts with China, the Chinese have a free run of the land. I have read accounts of young girls from POK either  being sold in marriage to Chinese labourers or end up getting abducted by them. The Prime Minister of POK is a gutless, spineless person who only nods his head at the orders from the ISI and Pak Army top brass. That is why, the resistance to become free of Pakistan is increasing day by day. It is clear that they cannot survive on their own even if they are freed from Pakistan and since the region rightly belongs to India, there is no question of guilt or any such thing.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/pok-activists-hold-anti-pakistan-protest-in-london-118102300018_1.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I probably know a lot about Kashmir as I have lived there for few years off and on as a project manager with BRO. I have been going there for a long time right from my student life and have visited most parts of Kashmir. The things took an ugly turn in early 90s. As far our leaders talking about POK, if nothing it will create a definite pressure on Pakistan and who knows they stop talking or attempt of infiltration in the valley.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

At present Pakistan is facing many problems. Taking back POK is not easy but not impossible. I read in news paper that  both Pakistan and India is preparing for a short term war in coming September and October. India have plan to push back Pakistan across the neelam river. 

I ama soldier and I can tell all readers that a short war can go either way. What if Pakistan makes incursions? We must remember that India couldn't beat the hell out of Pakistan in 4 wars on the western front-47-48, 1965, 1971, and 1998. Despite the trust in 1965 and 71, the army could not capture even Lahore and Sialkot which are just 20 miles from the border. Muzzafabad in POK is just 50 miles away and yet India just captured only a few posts beyond the LOC.  As I said it's not easy.

MG Singh wrote:

I ama soldier and I can tell all readers that a short war can go either way. What if Pakistan makes incursions? We must remember that India couldn't beat the hell out of Pakistan in 4 wars on the western front-47-48, 1965, 1971, and 1998. Despite the trust in 1965 and 71, the army could not capture even Lahore and Sialkot which are just 20 miles from the border. Muzzafabad in POK is just 50 miles away and yet India just captured only a few posts beyond the LOC.  As I said it's not easy.

Indian army and the leaders of India are in a different mood this time around. The fight will not be limited to self defense but to teach them a lesson that they will remember for a long time. The Indians are in different mind from what they were in previous wars. I know Pakistan can trigger atomic war out of frustration which will harm India but that would certainly be disastrous for Pakistan and they know it.

suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Indian army and the leaders of India are in a different mood this time around. The fight will not be limited to self defense but to teach them a lesson that they will remember for a long time. The Indians are in different mind from what they were in previous wars. I know Pakistan can trigger atomic war out of frustration which will harm India but that would certainly be disastrous for Pakistan and they know it.

I too would think that Indian army is in a much better position now unlike before . However, a full fledged war would only cause loss of lives esp that of our armed forces and civilians too. If they can think of a strategy where Muzzafarabad is taken over , nothing like it .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree, we are right at the war center (in NCR within 400 km from Pakistan)  so it makes us more worried but let's face it if there is no choice left. I don't think there is any strategy that will help us grab POK without an intense war so we are mentally prepared to hear war-planes taking of from Hindon, Agra, Ambala airbases and watching the army move from various cantonments in our area. 

MG Singh wrote:

It is right that it is not easy to capture POK. Situation is differ from 65 and 71. Both time India lost won match on table. At present India is much strong than 65 and 71. And now Modi is not like Indira Gandhi and Shastri.

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I too would think that Indian army is in a much better position now unlike before . However, a full fledged war would only cause loss of lives esp that of our armed forces and civilians too. If they can think of a strategy where Muzzafarabad is taken over , nothing like it .

The mood was very positive in 65 and 71 but in 48 and 98 there was pessimism. In 65 Shastri agreed to open a front in the Lahore Sialkot sector and India's strike corps moved in but it was held up at the Ichigo canal, a mere 10 miles inside Pakistan and we lost a brigade in trying to cross this canal. In 71 India wanted to advance in teh Punjab and JA& K sector but was thwarted by strong defenses of teh Pak army. Both sides are even now evenly matched. Th Pak army is 700000 and the 7th largest in the world. India has a lesser number of troops to face Pakistan as we have to take care of China as well.

I understand despite all the rhetoric of Imran Khan the Pak army does not want war with India. I wont be surprised if he is removed by Nov-dec.

Readers must not make jingoistic statements about war. It's a terrible thing and as I have written there won't be a clear cut victory. Its better India solves the problem of the valley by settling as many non-Kashmiri as possible like China in Sinkiang and change the demographic composition. Problem will be solved immediately. The Chakma hill tribals in ``Bangladesh were subdued this way.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.