Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
deepti,

I think you didnt catch my point..I am adding more information to your comment.. You gave Orthodox definition and there responsibility and i have added an example..

to say that not all orthodox people are like killing type... It depends on persons attitude...
I think orthodoxy is a state of mind which is full of rigidity.A dangerous habit of clinging on to old beliefs and customs.Every society has it own share of this kind people who are blind and deaf to reason and rationality.
Orthodox is nothing to do with Killing.... Its just a custom of people...... In the recent times, due to the change in the society, All the Orthodox families are also changing a bit...
Let me be more specific....

Let me be an example here......

My Grand moms.... They never used to come out and stay in "Pardas" always.... Its a word stated for this called "GHOSHA"

The next generation, My Mom.... She is allowed to move around.. and no pardas...

And me in the next generation(recent generation)... I was allowed to study and was sent to B.Tech college, which is 75 Kms journey every day for me. I used to do up and down daily...
And I am the first girl to do B.Tech from my family.....

This is the way people are changing with the change in the society...

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Deepti you are right.Times are changing very fast and women are taking their due place under the sun by freeing theselves from the fossilized customs and ridiculous practices produced by orthodoxy.
very shocking to go through this post. The elders in the community must have some control over the raging family. We can pacify the anger only by love and care and suitable advice on correct time. These kind of incidents used to happen in India once in a while. Some are got public attention and others are just ignored.
@Shalu, the saddest thing about such incidents is that it is elders of the family or the said community6 who instigate such honour killings. The younger generation is becoming more tolerant and more open about caste and religion biases. Also, of note in the recent past is that as many of these communities have prospered wealth wise as well as education wise, their tolerance towards other caste and religions has only decreased instead of increasing.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is true that younger generation are more tolerant and able to see through the irrationality of these ossified practices and customs.The attitude and outlooks are changing - may a little slowly but steadily.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.