The topic is locked.
It seems that the age-old belief of eating fruits and vegetables to maintain good health is no longer true.

In the latest developments, Minister of State for health, Dinesh Trivedi has written to the Union Health Secretary about the adulterated vegetables available in the market, which may be causing “nervous breakdowns, sterility and neurotic complications”.

Farmers are using hormone shots of oxytocin to expedite the growth of their vegetables. These hormones may cause irreparable damage to our health, if taken through these vegetables, over a period of time. Evenmore shocking element is that the public/authorities may also be aware of this malpractice,” Trivedi’s letter states.

Oxytocin, a commonly available and readily used hormone, is a Schedule H drug banned in India for use on animals. In local parlance it has got many names starting from ‘cocin’ and ‘paani’ to ‘dawai’ and is easily available in almost all general stores.

It has been used by the dairy farmers to plump up the milk quantities and now it is being used in the fruits and veggies too! It is indeed ironic that India - a majorly agricultural country cannot provide SAFE food to its citizens!!
:angry: :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh! then what to eat????

I recently heared that the green leafy vegetables are grown near the drainages in Hyderabad... And had been an issue in the recent times.... For this reason, I have stopped buying spinach, coriander too... :(

Noe fruits!!!! What to eat.. and how to survive... :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Deepti what you heard regarding the vegetables in Hydreabad is practiced everywhere in India!! In PUne and Mumbai too, many vegetables are grown on gutter and sewage waters!!

seems like we are headed back to stone age!! :( :(

oxytocin injections are regularly used to increase milk production in cattle and this drug is openly sold at medicine shops. but i have heard fr d first time its use by farmers.
READ THE SAME THING IN TODAY'S PAPER....................REALLY VERY SHOCKING ONE.............

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Shocking news on pesticide uses and hormone uses in food items are coming on.What to do ?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Oxytocin causes several hormonal changes. Apart from early puberty, the girls develop feelings of love, trust and sexual arousal. This is how the hormone is being misused.

its good that this thing came out into public, the authorities must act on it
Hmm --- A very serious action should be taken on this issue.

I think consuming organic food is the best way to eradicate this... :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I think man has done everything to spoil the nature and environment and now there is no solution than to eat this type of food ..
Thanks for sharing..
People use so much of chemicals in order to gain more production and quality on their yield, but so much critism are on its way.
Nataraj wrote:
[quote]People use so much of chemicals in order to gain more production and quality on their yield, but so much critism are on its way.[/quote]

I really didn't understand what you mean by this!! :dry: :huh: :blink: :S

Whatever criticism is against the way of using chemicals is not pointless or useless, it is merely because the chemicals cause harm to human bodies in the long run!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.