Are you exasperated and irritated that your child is not eating vegetables? Worried he is not getting vitamins and minerals? Show him the cartoons, especially Popeye, the spinach-eating spiffy sailor!! :) :) :)

See the complete details at:
http://sify.com/news/popeye-cartoons-tasting-parties-boost-vegetable-intake-in-kids-news-international-kihlOddajia.html?scategory=international
images8-20100807.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
now a days cartoons shown on Jetix channel about the fantasy life,fighting moves like that are making the children impractical.
not only children are becoming physically sluggish but also they are living a fantasy life.
i like spinach...and Popeye the Sailorman...
That is really good way kalyani as you know it better ;) :) I too like cartoon so much but havent got inspired before. :woohoo:
yes Rajani, The cartoons should be used to inspire and entertain.

Sajeetharan, it is a matter of exercising discipline and control. It is upto the parents to ensure that the children spent a reasonable amount of time watching TV and also on what they watch!

Cartoons give lot of creativity to children, and the imagination increases.
Not children even parents are like cartoon network.
Kalyani,

Cartoons would have never been there if it was that bad, After all cartoons are for kids, who ll watch them if not the kids.But yes excess of anything is bad so overdoses of TV is bad too , especially for eyes and it might also induce lethargy in the kid.The best activity for kids is ofcourse interaction and spending time with nature.
Sajeetharan, some people would disagree with you on this. Not all cartoons are harmless fun, but certain cartoons Shin Chan projected a lot of mindless violence and was found to be influencing children a lot> This cartoon was banned in USA after many parents raised their voices against it!

And yes of course, nothing beats healthy bouts of physical activities and playing outdoors! But as playgrounds are alarmingly vanishing and crimes against children increasing, obviously parents are scare to send their children out to play, the sole reason why cartoons have become popular than anything.

Yes but Children love watching cartoons.For them it is their source of entertainment. Keeping this in mind many cartoon channels have also come up and they all are doing good business.CARTOON is really effective in case childrens and it must be used in educative and entertaining way!.most cartoons entertains but doesnt educate.can u list some of the cartoons which educates kids?
love watching cartoons.............specially tom and jerry...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.