The day the Member of Parliaments got a three-fold hike in their salaries, the Indian Army has been asked to work for the Commonwealth Games for free of cost. Currently, 60 officers and 900 jawans are deployed at various Commonwealth Games venues.

After some of the major sponsors pulled out of the Commonwealth Games 2010 amidst allegations of corruption and financial irregularities, it seems that the authorities are facing a cash crunch.

If no payment is made to the Army, they will have to spend 11 crores to support the Commonwealth Games. It is speculated that CWG OC Chairman Suresh Kalmadi had raised the issue and wanted the Army to foot the bill.

Urban Development Minister Jaipal Reddy reportedly requested the Defence Ministry to waive the bill worth Rs 11 crore and adjust the funds from the defence budget.

In my opinion, this is grossly unfair! While the MPs do nothing for the people, it is the army that sacrifices their life and family to protect the people. Yet there is this great discrepancy in the treatment meted out to each! :angry: :angry: :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Indian army is deployed when civilians fail. Use of armey in commonwealth games is clear indication of failure and corruption of civil administration.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes it is really bad on our governement to ask army...I think army should not have approved for helping.. :angry:
Ya that true. Army shouldnt be there in this situation. government is bad.
No matter how much we all hate Congies, if CWG fails, then Indians will be shamed.. No doubt about it!!& its also true, that if now, the Govt pulls off a miracle by successfully conducting it.. the same Congies will boast for the next 200 yrs!!Its sad that we have to put up with such idiots!!
000203F2.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
My take on this matter is very simple and clear.Our country should not have gone for it looking at the sheer folly of investing in a big non-event.We can see on our TVs how thousands of people in New Delhi have been rendered homeless by the rsing waters of the Jamuna.In the national capital I have seen the misery of the people living in shanties and footpaths.It's criminal to waste taxpayers' money like this.
The organizers of commonwealth gains appear to view the games as a device to make the nation's wealth their common wealth.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The laborers who have done their share of hard-work did not receive any bonus. If at all, get all those ministers/bureaucrats who are linked with this event, and hang them all.
00020309-20100823.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
That's well said Gulshan! The grand loot of the wealth of the common people!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.