Seven Hindu brides from the Meghwar community in Pakistan tied the nuptial knot with Indian grooms, at a mass wedding ceremony in Gujarat's Rajkot city.

The weddings, in which nine couples took their marriage vows, were performed with Hindu rituals on Friday.

Out of the nine brides, seven were from Pakistan and two from India, whereas seven of the grooms were Indian and two from Pakistan.

"Today was our marriage and there were nine couples, and I was one of them. Seven girls were from Pakistan and two were from Rajkot city," said Dipak Visariya, groom.

The families of the Pakistani brides came to India as they are not permitted to perform Hindu rituals in the Islamic country.

"In India, our relatives are spread everywhere and in Pakistan we have less people, only our 40 to 45 families are there out of which 25 percent people have come here and remaining 15 percent are still there and want to come to India," said Poonam Visariya, mother of a groom.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is really a good news. Is there any specific reason why islamic countries dont allow to perform hindu rituals?.
i think good news indeed... :)
I too couldny understand why the marriages are not performed in pakistan itseef..
This is a good news indeed! Thanks for sharing!

Rajani and Nagalakshmi, its very obvious that Pakistan has always been a intolerant towards Hindu religion and all Hindus. The religious fanaticism is alarmingly high in Pakistan. Right after the partition, thousands of Hindus who stayed back and did not moved to India have either been persecuted or converted to Islam forcibly. The remaining few Hindus have to live in constant fear and cannot practice their religious rites or beliefs openly because then they are punished severely!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

On contrary, In India all the Muslims and other minorities are exercising their customs and beliefs with out any obstacles and problems.
Muslims in India are better position than Pakistan!
That is the very basic difference in India and Pakistan.

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]This is really a good news. Is there any specific reason why islamic countries dont allow to perform hindu rituals?.[/quote]

There is no such restrictions.Holy Quran says to respect all religions.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
But Abid they not following the Holy Quran for all their doings... so these things happening may be good news..
j.s.sathishkumar wrote:
[quote]But Abid they not following the Holy Quran for all their doings... so these things happening may be good news..[/quote]
Yes Sathish.But what Holy Quran says is this.That is all.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Your are right Abid, Holy Quran does not differentiate between any religion, but it is still a fact that Hindus and Christians living Pakistan have to live in constant fear!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very good news. :cheer: :cheer:

Marriages are Fixed in Heaven
Invitations only printed here.(Earth)

Chant Hare krishna and be happy!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.