The topic is locked.
Kareena and Saif get candid about the recently released Kurbaan, the missing-in-action Vivek Oberoi and the controversy created by Shiv Sena over Kareena’s bare back movie posters.

What do you have to say when people compare Kurbaan to Fanaa or New York?
Saif: There are certain films that have similar themes, but I think Karan Johar is a very intelligent man. He will not try and make anything that has already been made. Yes, the movie is about terrorism, about fundamental Islam and modern Islam, but basically, it is a thriller and a great love story. What makes love stories special are the obstacles that the couple face and here religion is the obstacle.

Shiv Sena created a ruckus over the movie poster and painted a saree over Kareena’s bare back. What is your take on that?
Kareena: I don’t see anything wrong with the poster at all. It was shot very aesthetically and there is nothing vulgar about it. Rather it was more like a painting. I’m sure whatever needful action needs to be taken will be taken care of by Karan Johar and Dharma Productions.
S: We have to be sensitive as a lot of people are easily offended. But when we go out to make a film, we do it with a lot of pride, and we all have our conscience and our families to think about first. In India, you see people wearing backless cholis, backless dresses, but nobody gets upset. I think too much is being made out of the backless scene. Censorship is fine and you can give a movie an adult certificate, but such extreme action is uncalled for. It’s nothing new – agitation and dealing with it has become a part of the industry now.

There were rumours that people from Shiv Sena came to your (Kareena’s) house to gift you saffron colour saree.
K: Well I haven’t received any, but I do hope it is a beautiful one. Saffron is my favourite colour!

Are you disappointed that the movie got an A-certificate?
S: Not really because I think the movie has an adult theme. Certain films deserve an A-certificate. We knew what we were getting into when we started Kurbaan. Also the censor body knows what it is doing.

What do you have to say about Karan Johar as a producer?
S: Karan has made a very brave and interesting attempt with this film. The films he is making now are different from the ones he made in the past. He has always understood the need for change. Not many people know that when we were making Kal Ho Na Ho, he actually changed the script overnight when he realised that the original version was too melodramatic. He moves with time.

How was it working with each other, given your relationship?
S: I don’t think it makes much of a difference. We both are professionals and enjoy our work tremendously. It was nice to share something which we both are very passionate about and that is acting. Kareena is a tremendous co-star; she takes her work very seriously. I believe you are only as good as the people you
work with. So, it has been very easy with her.

Kareena, is Saif more talkative than you?
K: I think he just answers really beautifully. He speaks so well and when he speaks, he speaks on my behalf too.

Any memorable experiences and memories associated while shooting the movie?
K: My role has been the most memorable. Avantika would do anything for her love and I am pretty much like that. The character is very close to what I am in real life. Also, working with Saif made the experience memorable. During the filming process, I connected really well with Rensil and have found a really good friend in my director.

After filming for Kurbaan, what’s your take on religion and Islam in particular?
K: I think Islam is a beautiful religion. Despite the terror attacks that have scared people, I believe that
not all Muslims are terrorists and Islam is a beautiful religion. It has much more to offer than just the scare of terrorism.

Why was Vivek Oberoi missing from all the action? He wasn’t shown much in the promos as well and he didn’t promote the mov ie either.
S: Vivek is a very private person.
We kept asking him to come for promotions, but he asked me to speak on his behalf. (Laughs) On a more serious note, he plays a very important role in the film, as you must have seen by now.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
seems like the pair is going to marry soon...wish you all the success in your life...kareena and saif..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.