The dark green vegetable is a reservoir of phytochemicals like glucosinolates, sulphoraphane (sulphur compounds), carotenoids, and flavonoids that play a key role in fighting cancer.

Brocolli and its super effects

The word broccoli is derived from the Latin word "brachium," meaning branch.

Broccoli is believed to originate in the Mediterranean region and derives its name from the Latin word "brachium," meaning branch. It belongs to the brassica family, which contains powerful cancer-fighting plant chemicals, known as phytochemicals, like glucosinolates, sulphoraphane (sulphur compounds), carotenoids, and flavonoids.

Broccoli is known as a super-food and its consumption could reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and increase immunity. Sulphoraphane and glucosinolates in broccoli are released when it is chewed, which then converts into phyto-nutrients called isothiocyanates and indoles. Isothiocyanates have been shown to inhibit tumour formation while indoles work as chemo-preventive agents, particularly against hormone-related cancers.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Very useful information on Broccoli.

Why don't you write an article on this Neetu? Instead of posting in the forum, if you write an article on this, it will reach to many people and your work will be appreciated.
I too suggest that you write articles on this subject, though I appreciate your efforts in highlighting it in the forum.
Ye neetu it is having many good effects on health but is is very difficult to be found in India..I could never buy it here..
:) :) :)
very informative and life saving information neetu.. Thanks for your share..
thanks chetana and chinmoy for your suggestion....but i have copied this content from other website....copied content is not allowed on boddunan..
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Ye neetu it is having many good effects on health but is is very difficult to be found in India..I could never buy it here..
:) :) :)[/quote]

Rajani it is easily available in mumbai.....but no idea about other places.........
Well then may be it not available in Andhra Pradesh..i havent seen it in any super markets and malls too.
Will defientely try to purachase from Mumbai.. :lol:
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Well then may be it not available in Andhra Pradesh..i havent seen it in any super markets and malls too.
Will defientely try to purachase from Mumbai.. :lol:[/quote]

it is available in hyderabad in some of the places...
Thanks for confirming ..neetu will try to get it somehow... :)
Rajani, if you are in hyderabad you can find it in Hypercity and vijetha super market and sometimes in Reliance too.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.