NEW DELHI: The Indore railway station was witness to a bizarre incident which could have turned lethal but for the timely action of two loco drivers and the GRP men.

A middle-aged man, apparently under the influence, jumped into the engine of a passenger train and tried to commandeer it. Luckily, the man could not locate the accelerator and his journey lasted only about 50 metres before the train's two drivers and a posse of Government Railway Police (GRP) men managed to get inside the driver's cabin and halt the train. According to reports, there were nearly 450 passengers inside the train at the time.

Sources said the 326 Mhow-Ratlam Fast Passenger entered the Indore railway platform on Tuesday morning. Later, he was arrested and charged under the Railways Act.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes it is indeed good work done by the loco drivers and GRP men..I think drunked person create lot of havaoc in local buses too..
Hey Guys, This happens in my city and this was really amazing news, because he was only chaiwala, who has friendship with many train driver, and, he learned to run a train with train driver.

When Railway Police asked him about his crazy doing stuff - his explaination was "Meri sare train driver se dosti hai, or, un sab ke ghar aana jana hai, maine unhi ke saath rehte rehte train chalana sikhi aur mujhe bahot mazaa ayaa"

this I have read in newpapers just before 2 hours, and, GRM of railways is not picking up the phone of newpaper's journalist, because, he himself don't know what to do with this kind of crazy guy, anyways, everything is ok, here... but, peoples of indore really enjoy this news... (I am sorry but I have not words than enjoy). Everyone here is saying that : Is duniya me Kaise Kaise log hai yaar, kaisi kaisi ajib harkare karte hai.

But, Everyone is also saying that "Thanks god, nothing wrong happens here".
One more thing to clear "He was not drunken, GRP has made a story that he is drunken to stop mouth of journalist and because of reputation of GRM of railway".
even this happened in Chennai few months back.but the person was mentally unstable..
No, this man was not crazy, as I told before, he was Chai wala in Tea stall of station.

I personally think that may be he has done a mistake, but, this guy was innocent because all his dreams was to become Train Driver and nothing else, and, GRM and railway police realized that, that is why, they leave him without taking any action.

And, as we all know journalist are journalist they want only news to make some money from their newspapers that is why they make a news on it.
I remember a similiar incident which took place in our state.A very close shave,indeed!
Thank God the train was not from a James Bond movie, otherwise one of the buttons would have activated the Self-Destruct Mode in 3 minutes!!
Drunkards are the problem creators in all states.Thanks for sharing the information. :)
Well it is coincide indeed Harsil..to be one of the citizen of the accused city...Thanks for giving the exact details..
Ooo.. Great escape.. :) :)

Here is again another version from Harshil....

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.