The Union Home Minister P Chidambaram said that the government is happy to learn that most schools and colleges have re-opened in Jammu and Kashmir.
He appealed to parents to cooperate with the state administration in restoring normalcy and smooth functioning of the educational institutions.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Some good news about education atlast.. :) :) :)
I think local civilians should definetely co-operate or else there will never be peace that that beautiful state.. :)
The future of the Kashmir children is in the hands of the politicians.Though the attendance is low on Monday hope more children will come and join the school in the forthcoming days.
Yes Nagalakshmi... :(

Donno who is encouraging the mobs to throw stones at.... :dry:

Poor students were very scared and were not going to school... Even parents were not interested in sending their children to school... :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
this is a good news but is there any guarantee that the home minister can give
Hope good sense prevails after the announcement of the Kashmir package!
The separatist Hurriyat Conference party leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani asked the Kashmir parents not to send their wards to schools and colleges. He also announced a fresh calendar of strikes for the next ten days.
I don't know why the Government of India could not be firm with these elements who are paid Pakistani agents and never show the courage to face any popular elections.They should be sent back to Pakistan to show their love for Pakistan!!!
It is really shameful on Geelani.Are his family members denied of education?.I think they would be in a very safe place.
These leaders lead a five-star life style sending their wards abroad for foreign education and have a taste for all good thing of life and throwing the common Kashmiris to th wolves!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.