hi friends,
Its navratri starting from 8th of october and mumbaikars are getting really geared up for this....
People are getting ready here for the falguni pathaks dandiya raas.....and many other organisers too...

What preparation in your respective cities?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The festive season has begun with Ganesh Puja and Navaratri,Durga Puja and Deepavali are all lined up!
:) Good topic.. :)

I see no changes here at Hyderabad. :)
Ganesh celebrations have just ended... :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
@Kavita

Kindly note that the title should read "Navaratri around the corner"

However far the date may be,it is always 'around the corner' for occasions like festivals or birthdays or anniversaries. Generally the word 'down' can be used in describing a thing or location at the end of somewhere;as in "down the lane"

Thanks!!!

Swetha Shenoy
The entire length and breadth of West Bengal is abuzz with feverish preparations for Durga Pooja.Kumartulli where idols are made the artists and artisans are virtually working against time.Similarly pandals makers too are having a harrowing time negotiating with late monsoon.The atmosphere here is very festive!
Yes, Dussehra is around and in my city some programs are organized area wise..Dont know whether my area has any programs or not..However i think if rains continue the festival fever will vanish.. :(
I see no big preparations in Hyderabad.But I believe the kids in delhi are enjoying long vacation due to CWG and Navaratri. :)
I remember my childhood days in chennai where all our neighbors will invite us to their home for navaratri celebrations for nine days. I love to relish the tasty sundal they give as prasadams. :) :)
@Kavitha,

I request you to please change the title as suggested by Swetha.I remind it as there are chances of failing to notice the reply from her.Very soon the thread will be flooded with replies as it is a very good topic to share experiences and expectations about navratri. :P :P
Thanks for noticing Nagalakshmi :)

As it is evident,people replying here will be flooded with wonderful memories of time spent with families that they wont have time to notice minor changes!!! :D

Navratri is time for sweets making and sweets sharing for us.Since we reside in apartments,we have nearly 20 houses in one apartments.We get a variety of sweets and at the maximum,we get nearly 15 kinds of sweets and savories :)

Swetha Shenoy
@ SHWETA,

Thanks for correcting. I have edited it now....Well the best navratri is celebrated in ahmedabad, but in mumbai it fun too....
I have seen markets loaded with dandiyas, Gujrati clothes and amazing ornaments.....
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.