After the deadly disease Dengue, it now Chikanguniya which is raising its head in the capital and it is becoming a cause of concern.
Most of the posh colonies in Delhi have reported the occurences of the disaese with people having symptoms like high fever,joint pains,low energy levles,vomiting, acute headache & rashes. Symptoms are similar to Dengue but it is not fatal in nature.

The virus responsible for the disese is supposed to be transmitted from the bite of infected Aedes aegypti or Aedes albopictus mosquitoes.Monkeys and other wild animals can also serve as reservoirs of virus.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is very painful one..i already faced this chikanguniya...and couldnt move my legs and hands for sometime,with severe headache i was also having high fever.Hope some vaccine must be found..
This is the season for outbreak of this disease and this disease was not known beyond Kerala and now it has spread to various parts of the country!
@Rajani,
Sorry to hear that you already suffered from Chikanguniya.

I think it would take months to recover from joint aches. :(
Yes Nagalakshmi it is really painful experience..I think if one gets in house others also have to face it..it happened in my family..All got this with different severity...It took months to recover from join pains. and still sometime my joint trouble me a lot.

It is said that often this disease once got, some symptoms may stay for very long period...especially join problem..
I also experienced the pain of Chikunguniya mildly.But have seen many who really experienced it.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
There should be some initiative to find out some vaccines that can prevent chikanguniya.But by the time they release the vaccine the virus would have taken a new form. :(
Mosquitoes are to be controlled well to check spread of many such diseases.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I think the mosquitoes which cause chikanguniya bites people only during early morning and afternoon. :ohmy:
Completely agree with you Nagalakshmi, the mosquitoes in early morning are more culprits..they even cause dengue...Unfortunately vaccine is not there for some problems.. :(
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.