Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is nothing but a publicity stunt by the writer. This is unacceptable stance.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Arun Jain wrote:
[quote]I cannot take a particular stand on it as I chose to be ignorant about the controversy that happened.

But I still believe that with rights comes duties. So, though everyone is free to exercise their right to speech they should not forget their duties towards nation. Both should go hand in hand.

We should treat our nation like a family. I mean If I can avoid hurting sentiments of my family by keeping mum then I would gladly do so and forget about my right to speech.

Anyways being said all that I am not favoring anyone in this debate as I am totally ignorant of what happened. Though the above things would have been my parameter if I were to take sides.

I think I am also exercising my right to speech ;)[/quote]

You have stated that You do not know what the controversy is. Arndhati Roy said that she does not hold that kasmir is integral part of India. Kashmir merged with India as a result of treaty of Maharaja of J & K. Many other states also merged with India. It is an act of treason to challenge the unity and integrity of India. To say that Kashmitr is not inseparable or integral part of India is an act of treason. Freedom of expression cannot be extended to allow treason.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The controversy is changing its direction.Now whether to arrest her not is the discussion.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
As mentioned earlier it seems nothing more than a publicity stunt by the writer. And if she is confident about her stand ask her to leave India and stay in Pakistan and write such things.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Any right is best enjoyed when it is done within certain parameters and our fundamental rights too are circumbscribed by certain restrictions which have been clearly laid down in our Constitution itself and I am neither as knowledgeable as she is but still consider her outbursts at times cross all these limits and invite intense scrutiny!
As Jayen stated this is a cheap publicity.It is not right from the part of the writer.
I agree with what jayen has said..............

she doesn't seems to be an true indian and she should stay in pakistan
There are some personalities who enjoy creating controversies and thrive in them!
These people just try to increase their popularity so as to increase their demand.
In India, it has lately been a norm for celebrities to speak about political and sensitive issues publicly, something that they do not have much knowledge of - Arundhati Roy an example of such another celebrity!

Instead of making such stupid statements she should better concentrate on writing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.