Jalgaon (Maharashtra)-based agro, pipes, processed foods and irrigation major Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd (JISL), which has won Unesco's Water Conserver Award and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) honour for its inclusive, sustainable business model, has been working with small farmers in Haiti and has now been invited by several African nations to help them out. The firm is working with the Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation and Coca-Cola for developing a business model for small farmers.

Dilip Kulkarni, president Agro Foods, Jain Irrigation, who was in Boston last week to present the company's business model at an agriculture symposium at the Harvard Business School, said: 'We have developed a technology for mango production in Haiti where Coca-Cola is launching a beverage called Haiti Hope.'

Along with Kulkarni, two farmers from Maharashtra, Hemchandra Dagaji Tatya and Rajendra Hari Patil, also shared their experiences and presented their success story in using technology for agriculture at the Harvard Business school.

See complete news:
http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20101130/838/tbs-indian-firm-catches-the-eye-of-harva_1.html

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think this topic is similar to the thread floated by Jayen.Thanks for sharing,Kalyani. :) :)
[quote]I think this topic is similar to the thread floated by Jayen.Thanks for sharing,Kalyani. [/quote]

I floated it first, guess Jayen did not check other threads before floating his!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oh!I am really sorry,Kalyani.I was not aware of the time when it was floated. :(
Indian Government is already helping Africa in & Maharashtra Firm Helping African is new step

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
Well that is good work indeed but simultaneously they should think about Indian farmers too.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.