Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Grapevine is informal communication channel in business.

http://www.people-communicating.com/grapevine-communication.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with Gulshanji,

Thanks for sharing this site. Grapevine is good for formal communication , But it is dangers for information spreading without verified.

Be positive
grapevine is medium of communication between people but it has some advantages also therefore it is not more useful.
It's indeed a very handy tool for the managment to make use of this informal network to assess the impact of any unpalatable decision to be taken by it!
Grapevine is something like gossips between few people

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

That's true but in corporate channel of communication it refers to the informal part of it!
But by listerning this word it is giving a meaning is that is a wine made of grape. first i felt this only but later i search exact meaning of it

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Grapevine is a climbing plant that bears grapes.....
Grapevine communication also refers to the path through which information spreads...
Grapevine is slightly different from gossip, gossip is something that is done with the intent to share personal information about others - harmful, embarrassing or otherwise whereas grapevine is mainly bits of infos that are official, relevant and usually true, but through channels that are not directly linked to each other. Management mainly uses this to keep a heads up on the competition scenario and to gauge the overall feelings and mood of the employees!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
Grapevine channels carry information rapidly. As soon as an employee gets to know some confidential information, he becomes inquisitive and passes the details then to his closest friend who in turn passes it to other. Thus, it spreads hastily.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.