Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Being Bengali I can say bit more regarding the food cooked during festive seasons.
We cook Khichadi, Dum aloo, potato fry, brinjal fry, many other vegetable fry, kheer, ladoo, rasgoola, gulabjamun, etc in all Pujas. In Bhaidooj and Jamai shashti, we cook Luchi/ Bhaturai, Dum aloo, Mutton curry, chicken curry, fish curry, biryani, etc. Sweet dishes are ofcourse compulsory.

There are some sweets which are commonly prepared in Pashim Banga and Bangladesh. Among them are chushi, jeebhe Gauja, Malpua, Gokul Pitha, Chandan Kath, etc.
Being Bengali I can say bit more regarding the food cooked during festive seasons.
We cook Khichadi, Dum aloo, potato fry, brinjal fry, many other vegetable fry, kheer, ladoo, rasgoola, gulabjamun, etc in all Pujas. In Bhaidooj and Jamai shashti, we cook Luchi/ Bhaturai, Dum aloo, Mutton curry, chicken curry, fish curry, biryani, etc. Sweet dishes are ofcourse compulsory.

There are some sweets which are commonly prepared in Pashim Banga and Bangladesh. Among them are chushi, jeebhe Gauja, Malpua, Gokul Pitha, Chandan Kath, etc.

I think, like Keralites, Bengalis also love fish a lot. So, they include fish in every celebrations....even marriages.... :whistle:

Meera sandhu
We have a food stuff called khajur that is made during the festivals in uttrakhand. Its made up of flour, ghee and sugar. Its my favorite too.

Live in the present :)
Laddus ,Payasam, Pongal, halwa are some fetival foods of hindus and biryani and kazzu sweets are muslims festival foods.
Laddus ,Payasam, Pongal, halwa are some fetival foods of hindus and biryani and kazzu sweets are muslims festival foods.

Laddu Payasam and Holige are the most common items prepared for festivals in Hindu households.In Mangalore we prepare Coconut Barfi and the usual kheer,payasam for Deepavali and fresh tender cashew kheer for Ugadi which is very tasty.We make a sweet called manjalda adye , one of my favorites , which is rice batter spread on turmeric leaves with coconut and jaggery filling and steamed, which is made for Nagara Panchami ..
securedownload1.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
securedownload1.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In festival time we eat more comparing to other days. Neighbours also will give different types of sweets and snacks.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8773]}

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Whenever the festival season begins we make new dishes in our home.We share food with our relatives and friends.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Payasam is common for any festival and other dishes like pongal (sweet and hot ), Pulihora( yellow rice), and vada are some of the list.
In festival time we eat more comparing to other days. Neighbours also will give different types of sweets and snacks.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8773]}

Mary what does this picture mean? Is it Sambar :blink: :dry:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.