The topic is locked.
I come many persons who,doubtless,write flawless English but fumbles with their words when speaking it! What could be the possible reasons?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think some people don't have enough vocabulary,so when they speak english,some words which they know in their mother tongue,at the time,they don't know the meaning in English of that words.

Want to make each day Accountable

Fluency comes,when you are habitual of Speaking english. Although you have studied in English medium school,still many people can't even express them,,because in school too they were not regular in speaking english.

I think its the lack of practice of speaking in english that makes one fumble...making it a habbit of talking in english even with our siblings at home will help
Surely, it's lack of practice and shortcoming posed by inadequate vocabulary and insufficient knowledge in grammar but the one I would like to point out here has something to do with the psychology of the speaker what I term as 'mental block'!
Surely, it's lack of practice and shortcoming posed by inadequate vocabulary and insufficient knowledge in grammar but the one I would like to point out here has something to do with the psychology of the speaker what I term as 'mental block'!

Sir,i Didn't got u. Can you explain it little more briefly.

And we have the emperor..congratulation on your 10000th post chinmoy sir..it must have been one helluva journey..it surely calls for a separate post to cherish your feat. :)
Ohhh I didn't saw that before... CONGRATULATIONS SIR !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Its a really Wonderful Journey you have driven. Hats OFF to you sir.. BRILLANT !!!

Thanks a lot , Deven!

@Ronark

As I have indicated in the original post that persons in question knew grammar as well as having strength of vocabulary but they suffer from acute self-consciouness which I call 'mental block.'So one must remove that diffident nature first.
Sir,that is removed automatically,as he/she starts speaking and when it comes in habit.

Making English your second language would help you out. One of my professors used to say that if you think you want to learn bicycle and keep starring it for days together, it won't help you in anyway but if you really want to learn it then you need to ride it. Same goes for English, along with it's regular usage try thinking in English as well!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.