The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]No necessary i remember once i went to Bhatinda in Punjab and i really struggled to communicate with people as there people don't know Hindi.Even on the buses the place name and number used to be written in Punjabi.

Actually many villagers are still now illiterate and don't know Hindi.In town I think all know one extra language either Hindi or Eng.[/quote]

NO we can't say that they were illiterate as knowing another language Hindi or English i don't consider it to be a part of education.Its their will that they want to learn another language.But they must know our national language at least as they are part of this nation. :laugh:
Knowing hindi is not a big issue .speaking english is big issue and i think illetrate person can't speak english.................... :woohoo:
Knowing hindi is not a big issue .speaking english is big issue and i think illetrate person can't speak english.................... :woohoo:

Most of the Chineses don't speak English do you think they all are illiterate. :laugh:

My father can't speak English much but he did diploma in Electrical Engg and retired from DESU from higher post.I don't think he is illeterate. :blink:

If someone don't know English we cannot say him illeterate because in many schools still all the subjects they read in Hindi and don't give any prefernce to English. :blink:
My dear i am agree with your point and i am sorry if your emotion gets hurt.But my aim is to say illetrate people can't speak english and this does't mean if Some literate person not speaking english he is illetrate..............And you are talking about china this is another language we are talking about english.................. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Why we talk of English only then when our national language is HINDI?. :evil:

Will it be true if i say that you can't speak Chinese so you are illetrate?. :woohoo: I can't say it because i know that knowing Chinese is not all necessary. :laugh:

But i know we have made English language such that we have made a mentality that those who don't know English are illiterate which is wrong in my opinion. :)

I don't know why you feel and give so much importance to it.I don't know spoken English but i am an engineer and i don't think you can say an engineer to be a illiterate :laugh: and if you say it then you don't know the meaning of literacy. :laugh:
Why we talk of English only then when our national language is HINDI?. :evil:

Will it be true if i say that you can't speak Chinese so you are illetrate?. :woohoo: I can't say it because i know that knowing Chinese is not all necessary. :laugh:

But i know we have made English language such that we have made a mentality that those who don't know English are illiterate which is wrong in my opinion. :)

I don't know why you feel and give so much importance to it.I don't know spoken English but i am an engineer and i don't think you can say an engineer to be a illiterate :laugh: and if you say it then you don't know the meaning of literacy. :laugh:

The thread is about English speaking and difficulties in that. Nobody says that ignorance of English speaking amounts to illiteracy. If you are proficient in spoken English, this is okay. Help others to gain similar proficiency. If you are not proficient in spoken English and also not interested in gaining that, there is again no issue. Nobody will say that you are illiterate only for deficiency in spoken English skill.

Hindi and other Indian languages have their own significance. But this is right to get skill in spoken English also.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My father can't speak English much but he did diploma in Electrical Engg and retired from DESU from higher post.I don't think he is illeterate. :blink:

If someone don't know English we cannot say him illeterate because in many schools still all the subjects they read in Hindi and don't give any prefernce to English. :blink:[/quote]

Most Germans, French, Japanese, Chines and Spaniards know to speak in English well but for the sake of their own mother tongue they use their mother tongue only.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I give too much importance to this point because when i start search job i will be rejected because my speaking english is slightly weak...................
Most of the states of heads while speak to address press or any gathering in other countries while on tour speak in their own languages through translater despite knowing English fully well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Most of the states of heads while speak to address press or any gathering in other countries while on tour speak in their own languages through translater despite knowing English fully well.

English has distinct status in India like other countries. English is associate official language of Indian Government and also official language of Nagaland, an Indian state.

Let us restrict ourselves to the theme of obstacles in English speaking and not go astray.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.