The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So Valare nanni means thank you.Is it?
In my bengali laguage we say Dhanyabad.
Dhanyabad bone.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
@Sandhya

That's good! First let us frame a few commonly used complete sentences which can prove handy when we visit these states!
So Valare nanni means thank you.Is it?
In my bengali laguage we say Dhanyabad.
Dhanyabad bone.

Nanni....(Sorry can't write in English with correct pronounciation), You know Malayalam is a difficult language. Yet I tried.
Valare means Extremely....i.e . I added an adjective to it.

Friends.....I got only two replies of colours. What about others?
Hindi....I know. Yet, I want someone else to quote them. Also...relations.... :)

What is the Bengali word of Colour...Is it rang?

Meera sandhu
You are right ,Sandhya!
Yes in Bengali colour means rang and the different name of rang already posted by Chinmoy Dada in your previous post.

You are right ,Sandhya!

I think Bengali and Hindi have close resemblance. But Bengalis add a 'be' in everything...also, for most pronunciations of 'a' they do it as 'o' like prosad for prasad. Am I right? :P
I think, I have learned basics of Bengali :woohoo: :laugh:

In Kannada language everything end with 'lu'. So, we often add a 'lu' to Malayalam words to make it Kannada in a funny way :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
[quote]chinmoymukherjee wrote:
You are right ,Sandhya!

I think Bengali and Hindi have close resemblance. But Bengalis add a 'be' in everything...also, for most pronunciations of 'a' they do it as 'o' like prosad for prasad. Am I right?
I think, I have learned basics of Bengali

In Kannada language everything end with 'lu'. So, we often add a 'lu' to Malayalam words to make it Kannada in a funny way [/quote]
Yes it is true.

@Sandhya

That's good! First let us frame a few commonly used complete sentences which can prove handy when we visit these states!

Soory Chinmayjee,
I saw your post only now.
Yes, we shall begin our next section with some simple sentences. Let a few more members also be online so that we can get quick response from all. Am I right?

In relationships......my Ram bhayya has missed two important relations, so do I.
Husband and wife :laugh: :laugh:
I want its Bengali names.
Bharthaav - Husband
Bhaarya - Wife
(pathi and patni are also used, but only very rare...only in poems or so)

Meera sandhu
In relationships......my Ram bhayya has missed two important relations, so do I.
Husband and wife
I want its Bengali names.
Bharthaav - Husband -Swami or bor
Bhaarya - Wife-stree or bou
(pathi and patni are also used, but only very rare...only in poems or so)

I am giving some of family members. chheleIn Tamil
Son - chhelemagan
Daughter-meyemagal
Father-babaAppa
Mother-MaaAmma
Uncle-kaka,mama,jethuMama
unty-kakima,mami,jethimaMami
brother-bhaiThambi/Annan
sister-boneThangachi/Akka
Husband - Kanavar
Wife - Manaivi
Share some if you have some.

Vinu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.