Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I also dont have a chance now to visit library. When Iam my mother house I used to go daily. :( :(

Moreover these days number of libraries have reduced as they don't find visitors and go in loss. :evil:

I suggest everyone of you to visit libraries at least on weekends. If you start practising this, you will feel like going there often.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
In many of the smaller towns libraries and even reading rooms have closed down because they dont have enough people visiting them, the same is the case in my town where except for a couple of private circulating libraries which are running well, many others have closed down...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How many of you still like to visit libraries?
I love libraries and like to read different kind of books. Library not only provide books or educational learning but also provides a peace of silence which you dont get anywhere. But in the era of e-books ,libraries are extinguished. I wish our government start some libraries in the town, it would be real help for people who likes reading .
What are your views?

Its not just visiting. Its an obsession with me.
In many of the smaller towns libraries and even reading rooms have closed down because they dont have enough people visiting them, the same is the case in my town where except for a couple of private circulating libraries which are running well, many others have closed down...

Due to the usage of internet most of us forgot to use libraries now a days.

You can get information from internet. But the feel you get from turning pages of the book won' be felt there. I hope you can understand.

You can get information from internet. But the feel you get from turning pages of the book won' be felt there. I hope you can understand.

Unless it is reference and work, I never read online,always prefer to read books in the comfort of my home...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes you are correct robert. I miss that charm while reading books through online. Its easy to have numerous books in our android phones or tablets.
The brightness of the monitors effect eyes badly. Moreover such machines depends on either electricity or battery. If its gone then everything is gone. One cannot remain dependent on gadgets throughout life. Books can last longer if you keep them safely.
[quote]Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge.

Really Sharmishtha???? :blink: :blink: :unsure:

See! The spamming has started already!!

LOL :laugh: ..

Of late it is difficult to come across any reading room/library where one had to pay a nominal fees and could spend hours together browsing through the book shelves,read...People have no time during weekends for such activities I guess, so most of them have closed down.We had one here at Mangalore run by some private industrialist and I remember it used to be packed a decade ago when I used to take my children there ..but now it has closed down ... Another reason could be that people are more affluent these days and can afford to buy books rather than take the trouble of going to libraries !!!

Here in Pune we have many clubs and libraries like that where you can get yourself registered with nominal annual fees and can get excellent books. We have British library here whose collection is also good. Indeed such libraries are getting less day by day because of pirated books being available at very low cost..[/quote]

The British Council libraries have an excellent collection of books, some very rare books not easily available here...The one in Bangalore too is very good, has a good collection of books.I saw some books on the two world wars which had a long que and waiting list...

[quote]Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge.

Really Sharmishtha???? :blink: :blink: :unsure:

See! The spamming has started already!!

LOL :laugh: ..

Of late it is difficult to come across any reading room/library where one had to pay a nominal fees and could spend hours together browsing through the book shelves,read...People have no time during weekends for such activities I guess, so most of them have closed down.We had one here at Mangalore run by some private industrialist and I remember it used to be packed a decade ago when I used to take my children there ..but now it has closed down ... Another reason could be that people are more affluent these days and can afford to buy books rather than take the trouble of going to libraries !!!

Here in Pune we have many clubs and libraries like that where you can get yourself registered with nominal annual fees and can get excellent books. We have British library here whose collection is also good. Indeed such libraries are getting less day by day because of pirated books being available at very low cost..

The British Council libraries have an excellent collection of books, some very rare books not easily available here...The one in Bangalore too is very good, has a good collection of books.I saw some books on the two world wars which had a long que and waiting list...[/quote]

I love the smell (fragrance) coming out of the book which is newly purchased. That will make me read the book immediately.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.