Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There was a time when state governments used to run excellent libraries where one could do all the reference work and it helped poor students a lot.But now I see that the library has no books and what is there is in very bad condition , hardly being used by anyone except a few regulars who come and read newspapers free of cost...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I like going to libraries.. Though they are far away from my home.. I will not have any idea when i go.. I will just blankly get into the library.. but seeing so many goo dbooks will give lots of spirit.. I love to just go through and find out new ranges of books.. Everyone must have this habit of visiting the library atleast once in a month.. I always visit connemera library where there a large collection of books and membership is very cheap.. Thankfull to that library..

:-)
I used to goto library in my college only. I never visited public libraries

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

public libraries have a large collection of books.. but there are some problems with maintanence.. such libraries are present in all places.. when they are presnt they can widely help students for tehri studies

:-)
my sister only referred me to join in a library. :) :) :) :)

Every 15 days we can take 2 books of any category.

Is library free of charge? or something we have to pay?

We have to pay a amount. But is very less amount 6 months 20 Rs. like that only.

Not a very big cost.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge.

Sharmistha Banerjee
[quote]Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge. [/quote]

Really Sharmishtha???? :blink: :blink: :unsure:

See! The spamming has started already!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I like to visit libraries when ever i am free , i love reading books alot.
[quote]Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge.

See! The spamming has started already!![/quote]

LOL :laugh: ..

Of late it is difficult to come across any reading room/library where one had to pay a nominal fees and could spend hours together browsing through the book shelves,read...People have no time during weekends for such activities I guess, so most of them have closed down.We had one here at Mangalore run by some private industrialist and I remember it used to be packed a decade ago when I used to take my children there ..but now it has closed down ... Another reason could be that people are more affluent these days and can afford to buy books rather than take the trouble of going to libraries !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

[quote]Libraries are the store of various book.In library we can get various types of books.Libraries are a quiet place where people came to read books and collect different books and gain knowledge.

See! The spamming has started already!!

LOL :laugh: ..

Of late it is difficult to come across any reading room/library where one had to pay a nominal fees and could spend hours together browsing through the book shelves,read...People have no time during weekends for such activities I guess, so most of them have closed down.We had one here at Mangalore run by some private industrialist and I remember it used to be packed a decade ago when I used to take my children there ..but now it has closed down ... Another reason could be that people are more affluent these days and can afford to buy books rather than take the trouble of going to libraries !!![/quote]

:laugh:

I have a couple of really good libraries close to my home but they are way too expensive, the deposit is around 400 and for a single-book takeaway the monthly fees are 250, If I add a second book for my son, I have pay 100 more! :dry: So I prefer to buy books now rather than pay so much to the library, that way I can keep them and go for multiples reads in future!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.