Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshanji for making others also remember their childhood maths or may be the member who have created this forum, may not know the exact answer or may that member is in doubt.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Hi Sanjeev Gupta,As you want to know that what is rational number, here is answer as-"A number that can be written as a simple fraction known as A rational number(i.e. as a ratio).
example:- 2.5 is a rational number because 2.5 = 5/2"
hehehehe today only in the morning i was studying number system and there was rational number too.
Rational numbers are those numbers which can be expressed in the form of p/q where p and q are integers and q is not equal to 0.
And recurring decimals and terminating decimals are also called rational numbers.
:)

a.s.
Angel right definition about rational number.
-25 is also a rational number.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
yes ram you are right -25 is also a rational number as it can be expressed in the form of p/q that is -25/1.

a.s.
-25 is most probably a negative integer . I agree with Ram.
Integers are subset of rational numbers. Rational numbers are both terminating or repeating. All rational numbers are real numbers. One of the main properties of rational number is that it can be expressed as fractions.
Can any of you share some e.g.s of irrational numbers? This is make the difference between rational and irrational more clear.
under root 2, under root 3 and numbers like 3.45678976543..... that is non-terminating and non-recurring are rational numbers

a.s.
The number which can not be get as quosent of any number is Irrational number.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
under root 2, under root 3 and numbers like 3.45678976543..... that is non-terminating and non-recurring are rational numbers

Actually the numbers you have mentioned are irrational numbers.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.