Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When we had Onam and Christmas vacation of 10 days, we have to write answers of every subject of the quarter exam in those holidays. i.e. We need to study in those days too.

Meera sandhu
Yes holidays Homework is very necessary as it give child a chance of best revision.If they neglect homework they lost everything during their vacations...............
Holiday home works are rally meant to keep school kids practicing.. if we leave our works for a few days we will find that we are out of touch.. if it is so for wlders itself.. then how can small children resume to their schedule after holidays?? it will be very difficult for them.. main motive id to keep them on track and in practice.. most of the works will be simple always.. it must be the parents who must form an efficient timetable and give them so that they can also enjoy their holidays also have their works completed..

:-)
Holiday home works are rally meant to keep school kids practicing.. if we leave our works for a few days we will find that we are out of touch.. if it is so for wlders itself.. then how can small children resume to their schedule after holidays?? it will be very difficult for them.. main motive id to keep them on track and in practice.. most of the works will be simple always.. it must be the parents who must form an efficient timetable and give them so that they can also enjoy their holidays also have their works completed..

The idea here is to keep their minds sharp and see that they stay in touch with school and its activities during vacation so that it is easier for them to get back to the school routine when the schools reopen...that was the idea with which home work was given to school children until high school levels since they should form a routine and discipline.
However, I see schools overdoing this to the extent that the children are loaded with the work for the next years lessons.I see that in some schools the entire portion is finished by December and then the children are supposed to revise for the next 3 and a half months :blink: . I feel it is far too much pressure,and not really good for young minds.Studies should be done a t a slower but steadier pace so that children like it and not feel that it is a burden..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is the misunderstanding of the teachers and some schools that make children struggle.. otherwise the basic purpose is to help children only.. in such cases the parents must speak with the teachers and bring a good decision..

:-)
Children's may hate holiday homework. But it is very necessary for improving their study.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
It is the misunderstanding of the teachers and some schools that make children struggle.. otherwise the basic purpose is to help children only.. in such cases the parents must speak with the teachers and bring a good decision..

That is very well summed up ,when there is constant communication between parents and teachers there will be positive results and I have seen this happening .However, very few parents do it in a manner that is actually productive, they come to school meet the teacher simply rant and rave and think that they have achieved something...this is counter productive !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Holiday homework is needed for every children. Otherwise they will spend the whole vacation playing.It will remain them in touch with the studies the whole vacation.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Holiday home work is very necessary for the students.Otherwise they will spend the whole holiday playing or roaming.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Holiday homework is needed for every children. Otherwise they will spend the whole vacation playing.It will remain them in touch with the studies the whole vacation.

But the hoildays are meant to enjoy not to stress them to do homeworks.No doubt they should be given some light homework so that they may remain in touch with studies.I remember when I was in school I also used to get home work but never ever completed that and teachers never said anything for it. :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.