Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Devyani Sarkar wrote:
Amazing pictorial explanation. Well explained. Keep posting such threads. It is informative.

Glad you liked it Devyani, thanks a lot and of course I will do whatever best I can :)

Where is the pictorial explanation. Will you please share that page with us.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I feel everyone should arrange pit near their house, to store the rain water. This can solve many water problems

The only problem is the land. In cities, forget about the water storing pit, people do not even have the place to keep the vehicles.

:unsure: :huh: :dry: .....Exactly ! what about people living in apartments.??

That's what I am saying. Those living in the apartments do not have sufficient space to even park their vehicles. So, most of them somehow manage it in the little space ( that also serves as the road)in front of their house and some even do it in a rented garage. So, how is one expected to dig a water storing pit in this condition??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I feel everyone should arrange pit near their house, to store the rain water. This can solve many water problems

The only problem is the land. In cities, forget about the water storing pit, people do not even have the place to keep the vehicles.

That's what I am saying. Those living in the apartments do not have sufficient space to even park their vehicles. So, most of them somehow manage it in the little space ( that also serves as the road)in front of their house and some even do it in a rented garage. So, how is one expected to dig a water storing pit in this condition??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Jabeen, it can be done for entire apartment buildings as a whole unit and is also legally required in some states including Maharashtra, but not all builders implement it. In the buildings, all the water that is collected on rooftops from rains is channelized and is brought into a water tank with simple filtration layers, which is then either let off into a borewell or is again released for usage such as washing, water for gardens etc. The problem is not scarcity of space, but rather scarcity of will to do it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Devyani Sarkar wrote:
Amazing pictorial explanation. Well explained. Keep posting such threads. It is informative.

Glad you liked it Devyani, thanks a lot and of course I will do whatever best I can :)

Where is the pictorial explanation. Will you please share that page with us.

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/16-education-a-learning/225668-water-conservation-through-rain-water-harvesting.html?start=90

post 225668, the first one , when I started the discussion..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Jabeen, it can be done for entire apartment buildings as a whole unit and is also legally required in some states including Maharashtra, but not all builders implement it. In the buildings, all the water that is collected on rooftops from rains is channelized and is brought into a water tank with simple filtration layers, which is then either let off into a borewell or is again released for usage such as washing, water for gardens etc. The problem is not scarcity of space, but rather scarcity of will to do it!

Yes kalyani,it can be done collectively and has to be planned before hand so that land needed is already marked and utilised .Even here in Karnataka they have a rule for site owners above 2000 sq ft of land in urban areas...I am not sure about apartments though !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Collective planning never crossed my mind as I didn't notice anything like that at t other states. I am curious to know if any actions are taken against those builders who do not implement it??

Collective planning never crossed my mind as I didn't notice anything like that at t other states. I am curious to know if any actions are taken against those builders who do not implement it??

Well, there are legal implications for those who do not follow rules, but then at least in Maharashtra, the builders lobby is very very powerful as many powerful politicians are involved in them so, they easily get away with sadly!

This is not done by flat owners on personal level but this is the job of building planners at the time of planning the building itself. This is mandatory for every building owner to collect the water through pipes and send it to the land, that is called land water harvesting. This way water gets back to land in place of going to sewage system where it has no use. Rainwater storage is different from harvesting.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is not done by flat owners on personal level but this is the job of building planners at the time of planning the building itself. This is mandatory for every building owner to collect the water through pipes and send it to the land, that is called land water harvesting. This way water gets back to land in place of going to sewage system where it has no use. Rainwater storage is different from harvesting.

I think the water in collected in the tank which is made under-ground. Cleaning can be done and can be used for various purposes.

Want to make each day Accountable

I think if properly planned and executed, both using rainwater by storing it and also harvesting it can be done at the same time. It really pains me a lot when I see people using purified water as supplied by the municipalities to wash cars and in the gardens etc. For such purposes, grey water and stored rainwater could be used efficiently.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.