Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If we save the water we can give that natural source to our future generation but we are not utilizing it and wasting them.

Not only save water but harvest as much rainwater as we can and keep refurbishing the depleting water table all over the country. Only saving water now will not help, efforts must be full on to increase water table or else what are fertile lands now will soon turn into deserts.

Even there, we see petty politics with states fighting over water rights over rivers.Each state tries to stop the other in increasing the capacity of water storage in their respective reservoirs across the river, It reaches ridiculous levels at times...I feel that individually each one should try and have their own storage so that they are independent to a certain extent at least..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Water is very precious.We must be careful while using water.We should not waste it.there are so many places in our country where their is a shortage of water supply.Rain water should be stored and harvested and should be used and supplied to the houses.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Water is very precious.We must be careful while using water.We should not waste it.there are so many places in our country where their is a shortage of water supply.Rain water should be stored and harvested and should be used and supplied to the houses.

Many states are adopting this in a big way.They insist that you have a rainwater harvesting system when you build a home, so that to that extent you are self sufficient.The water collected can be used for gardening and washing purposes..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If we save the water we can give that natural source to our future generation but we are not utilizing it and wasting them.

Not only save water but harvest as much rainwater as we can and keep refurbishing the depleting water table all over the country. Only saving water now will not help, efforts must be full on to increase water table or else what are fertile lands now will soon turn into deserts.

Even there, we see petty politics with states fighting over water rights over rivers.Each state tries to stop the other in increasing the capacity of water storage in their respective reservoirs across the river, It reaches ridiculous levels at times...I feel that individually each one should try and have their own storage so that they are independent to a certain extent at least..

Also, river channelizing projects that have long been talked about but not yet put into practice until now is upsetting. If implemented, the states that get more-than-everage rains can easily supply water to the states that are drought prone almost every year!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There are very few people which arranged for harvest the rainwater to go into the ground which help us for gaining water
We now have a lake water harvesting project in our college campus. Check this picture!

Live in the present :)
Sorry the image failed to upload so I attach it here-

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8611]}

Live in the present :)
Sorry the image failed to upload so I attach it here-

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8611]}

Very nice :) , where is this and can you add some more details about this ?

All you need for a water harvesting system is rain, and a place to collect it. Typically, rain is collected on rooftops and other surfaces, and the water is carried down to where it can be used immediately or stored.

Sharmistha Banerjee
All you need for a water harvesting system is rain, and a place to collect it. Typically, rain is collected on rooftops and other surfaces, and the water is carried down to where it can be used immediately or stored.

Yes thats true, the stored water can be filtered and used and when it is an underground storage it remains clean and unpolluted, although it may not be for for drinking it can be used for most other things thereby making a huge difference in using up public water supply which is becoming scarcer by the day.,..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.