Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In villages,this type of Conservation is very useful and i hope that in villages,farmers would be doing this Storage.
But not for Drinking water. As when the rain falls, it get mix with acidic acids,so it gets dirty as well as poisonous.

Which is why the first one or two showers are not collected, later on all the rainwater is collected and store for later use. In many parts of the country, that water is also used for drinking after filtering and boiling to make it safe!

Yes,you are right Mam. But we can't intake direct that water for Drinking without boiling it.

Of course yes Ronark, boiling is a must. Actually, even the tap water that is supplied by the municipalities of any city or town should not be drank directly without first either boiling it or filtering it!

Most people are using water purifiers these days to avoid impurities and water born diseases.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In villages,this type of Conservation is very useful and i hope that in villages,farmers would be doing this Storage.
But not for Drinking water. As when the rain falls, it get mix with acidic acids,so it gets dirty as well as poisonous.

Which is why the first one or two showers are not collected, later on all the rainwater is collected and store for later use. In many parts of the country, that water is also used for drinking after filtering and boiling to make it safe!

Yes,you are right Mam. But we can't intake direct that water for Drinking without boiling it.

Of course yes Ronark, boiling is a must. Actually, even the tap water that is supplied by the municipalities of any city or town should not be drank directly without first either boiling it or filtering it!

Most people are using water purifiers these days to avoid impurities and water born diseases.

Yes , I have seen the water reservoirs from where the water is purified and pumped into the cities, it scares you to think that we will be drinking that water ! So, we have to boil it or have water purifiers installed ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many major cities in south India too are now seriously considering implementing rain water harvesting.Apparently it can be successfully implemented only in places that have a high altitude where water gets drained into the soil and not in coastal cities..

True, but instead the water that just goes into drain can be collected into barrels and used for cleaning and gardening purposes. A few of my English friends do that even though there is lot of rain in England. They collect the rainwater in huge barrels and use that for such purposes. We can implement that in India too instead of wasting purified water supplied by the local municipal corporations.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Many major cities in south India too are now seriously considering implementing rain water harvesting.Apparently it can be successfully implemented only in places that have a high altitude where water gets drained into the soil and not in coastal cities..

True, but instead the water that just goes into drain can be collected into barrels and used for cleaning and gardening purposes. A few of my English friends do that even though there is lot of rain in England. They collect the rainwater in huge barrels and use that for such purposes. We can implement that in India too instead of wasting purified water supplied by the local municipal corporations.

That is a good idea. We simply cannot afford to waste water , in times to come we may end up regretting...I see that in Bangalore many households collect rain water and use it for gardening and washing cars etc...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is a good idea. We simply cannot afford to waste water , in times to come we may end up regretting...I see that in Bangalore many households collect rain water and use it for gardening and washing cars etc...

Even in the north east India collecting rain water is a way of life. Whenever, it rains , people would collect the rain water in bucket, barrel etc and use for every domestic purposes including washing clothes, bathing etc.
Rainwater harvesting systems are simple to operate.
Rainwater harvesting is ensure an independent water supply.So, it is acceptable quality for household needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainwater_harvesting

Be positive

IN Pune too people use purified water for all such purposes, it is a criminal waste of water, more so when other small towns and villages are parched dry most of the year!

Even in the north east India collecting rain water is a way of life. Whenever, it rains , people would collect the rain water in bucket, barrel etc and use for every domestic purposes including washing clothes, bathing etc.

Ideally that should be the way of life everywhere, but then who will take those extra pains when you can simply turn on the tap and use as much water as you fancy!!

We should take good care of water while we still have it. The way things are looking the world war-3 would be fought on this vary matter.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Ideally that should be the way of life everywhere, but then who will take those extra pains when you can simply turn on the tap and use as much water as you fancy!!

Unfortunately, in many parts of the Northeast India, people still do not enjoy the facility of tap water. They have to depend on streams, rivers, ponds, wells etc. even for drinking and cooking. It is one of the reason why they like to conserve rain water. In fact many of the traditional practices and believes are also related to conservation of resources including water.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.