Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Which book are you reading now...

by » 9 years ago

usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    I have got hooked on to John Grisham and have been reading one after the other of his novels.Finished with The runaway Jury,The Firm and The Testament , now reading The Litigators ...I think he is one of the best writers in the legal thrillers category !

John Grisham is definitely one of the best writers. Though I have read only few of the novels written by him like The painted house, The Testament, The associates etc I enjoyed reading them. Incidentally, The Painted house is not related to the legal stuff

I have read them all except The Painted House! is it good?

Same here, I too have not read The painted house and since now Jabeen says it is not legal stuff I am all the more curious to know about it..and Kalyani I have read both the ones you mentioned ( A time to Kill and The Client ) and I agree that they were both excellent books... :) Yesterday I sat up until 2 Am reading The Litigators..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

by » 9 years ago

usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    I also love to read books.I read comics,detective romantic and lyrical books.I love to read the novel of Charles Dickens and now I am reading Great Expectation of Charles Dickens.

I too like Charles Dickens a lot ,his Great expectations is a classic and we had it for our English non detail in pre university.I like all his works and my favorites are Pickwick papers and A tale of two cities..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

by » 9 years ago

jabeen
    Platinum Mate
    0 1.45k 11.2k
    I have got hooked on to John Grisham and have been reading one after the other of his novels.Finished with The runaway Jury,The Firm and The Testament , now reading The Litigators ...I think he is one of the best writers in the legal thrillers category !

John Grisham is definitely one of the best writers. Though I have read only few of the novels written by him like The painted house, The Testament, The associates etc I enjoyed reading them. Incidentally, The Painted house is not related to the legal stuff

I have read them all except The Painted House! is it good?

Its good. Its a story of a young boy whose family are poor cotton farmers. Even though he is a small boy he is forced to keep so many secrets about grown up people. I enjoyed reading about his innocence and bravery.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

by » 9 years ago

jabeen
    Platinum Mate
    0 1.45k 11.2k
    I also love to read books.I read comics,detective romantic and lyrical books.I love to read the novel of Charles Dickens and now I am reading Great Expectation of Charles Dickens.

I too like Charles Dickens a lot ,his Great expectations is a classic and we had it for our English non detail in pre university.I like all his works and my favorites are Pickwick papers and A tale of two cities..

I too like A tale of two cities and The Great Expectations. In fact, some of the characters from this two novels are so unforgettable. I am reminded of Madame Defarge whenever I see anyone knitting. Like wise, cobwebs remind me of Miss Havison.

by » 9 years ago

Ashii
    Platinum Mate
    42 2.13k 12.1k
    If anyone has read Salman Rushdie's work would like to know about his style of writing as I have heard that he has a more complex style. :unsure:

Live in the present :)

by » 9 years ago

Puneet Chhabra
    Gold Boarder
    6 908 4.8k
    I tried reading sulman rushidie and yes his writing is complex so left it between.. i am reading shiva triology.. Its a must read...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
    www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

by » 9 years ago

Ashii
    Platinum Mate
    42 2.13k 12.1k
    I tried reading sulman rushidie and yes his writing is complex so left it between.. i am reading shiva triology.. Its a must read...

That is what most of the people say. :huh:

Live in the present :)

by » 9 years ago

Puneet Chhabra
    Gold Boarder
    6 908 4.8k

That is what most of the people say. :huh:

ha haa.. true... but i'll get back to him soon. His satanic verses are on my list due to which there is fatua issues on his name to be executed....

by » 9 years ago

jabeen
    Platinum Mate
    0 1.45k 11.2k

I read only the first part of Shiva's trilogy- 'The immortals of Maluha'. I am searching for the remaining parts but right now its unavailable in the book store that I usually visit.

by » 9 years ago

Puneet Chhabra
    Gold Boarder
    6 908 4.8k
    Try online on flipkart. its there... the third is yet to be released.. And even the movie on part 1 is also on the way...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.

Do you like the movie Arya 2 ? How many points will you give as rating out of 5 ?

Arya 2 is a very nice entertainment movie and a good love story.
No answer selected. Please try again.
Please select either existing option or enter your own, however not both.
Please select minimum 0 answer(s) and maximum 5 answer(s).
/polls/movies-and-entertainment/6053-do-you-like-the-movie-arya-2--how-many-points-will-you-give-as-rating-out-of-5-.json?task=poll.vote
checkbox
[{"id":"20891","title":"1","votes":"19","type":"x","order":"0","pct":18.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20892","title":"2","votes":"19","type":"x","order":"0","pct":18.81,"resources":[]},{"id":"20893","title":"3","votes":"34","type":"x","order":"0","pct":33.66,"resources":[]},{"id":"20894","title":"4","votes":"18","type":"x","order":"0","pct":17.82,"resources":[]},{"id":"20895","title":"5","votes":"11","type":"x","order":"0","pct":10.89,"resources":[]}] ["#ff5b00","#4ac0f2","#b80028","#eef66c","#60bb22","#b96a9a","#62c2cc"] ["rgba(255,91,0,0.7)","rgba(74,192,242,0.7)","rgba(184,0,40,0.7)","rgba(238,246,108,0.7)","rgba(96,187,34,0.7)","rgba(185,106,154,0.7)","rgba(98,194,204,0.7)"] 350
bottom 200