Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I haven't read any philosophical books yet but love reading swami vivekananda's short stories books... :P Dealing challenges in life is what we can learn...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8151]}
Do they really help? I have read quite a few and found them good to the extent that I feel positive and feel like trying out something new in life ...The two that really impressed me were Freakonomics written by Stephen J Dubner and Peaks and Valleys by Spence Johnson , a book on self exploration !

I was deeply influenced by "The Alchemist".
I think I am repeating the same thing for 100th time here :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
You will get many feelings from this book which we can't explain.

I too liked Alchemist a lot, however, the two books that I really liked are Peaks and Valleys and a very old book on troubleshooting which had some superb practical solutions that was really helpful....

Sure..I will search for those books when I go to book stall next time :evil:

Meera sandhu
Do they really help? I have read quite a few and found them good to the extent that I feel positive and feel like trying out something new in life ...The two that really impressed me were Freakonomics written by Stephen J Dubner and Peaks and Valleys by Spence Johnson , a book on self exploration !

I was deeply influenced by "The Alchemist".
I think I am repeating the same thing for 100th time here :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
You will get many feelings from this book which we can't explain.

I have downloaded ' The Alchemist' but still didn't read. I think i should read.

Want to make each day Accountable

Basically most such books are experiences of the writers and / or quite possibly material taken from other sources as well! However the presentation in most of these books are meant for average people who could with a little forethought and dedication make their lives better..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Every one who has interest in reading books finds a book or two that gives him transpiration to do some thing good and become better person. Feeling good is part of reading good and inspiring books.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes i like to read books that give me some motivation that help me to go further in my life.I think everyone read such kind of books without motivation our life become simple and slow...........

Every one who has interest in reading books finds a book or two that gives him transpiration to do some thing good and become better person. Feeling good is part of reading good and inspiring books.

Very true ! As long as it is able to add at least some positive element in your life, it is well worth reading such books ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I bought "monk who sold his Ferrari"-Robin_Sharma, I found it's so motivational and inspiring. i am reading it again and feeling good.
linear equations
I bought "monk who sold his Ferrari"-Robin_Sharma, I found it's so motivational and inspiring. i am reading it again and feeling good.
linear equations

I have heard about it ! By the way, what is kaizen ? I see a lot of Indian authors coming up with motivational books , the other day I saw some titles like ' Stop not till the Goal is reached and one more called Stay alive all your life ...I think I should read some of them..

If you take the contents in these books seriously and implement even to a small extent, these help. Dale Carnegie's book "how to influence people and win friends' really helped me. This book highlighted the point that you cannot easily make others change their opinion. So you must be patient. During any negotiation, you should begin with points on which you agree and gradually move to area of disagreement.

I followed the book seriously and realizing that others may not always agree to me, My temperament and basic character changed. This also improved my health as I would never get angry just because some body does not agree. No high blood pressure and adverse affect on body and mind. I also got more friends, more respect, more love from all.

I too have read that book and it is really good ! :) What is important is that we have to apply whatever is possible depending on our life style ...I too feel that such books do help us ,make us think and probably make us analyse our own actions as well..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.