Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have the habit of never throwing any books or even magazines if I can help it.I have some really old Woman and Home , Illustrated weekly of India and Film India , all passed down to me by my great Aunt who was an avid reader.
The pages are brittle, and I got them all bound together.my children love to go through them ...I cut out interesting pages from magazines and get them bound together before disposing old magazines since it takes up a lot of space, as it is my house is overflowing with books and bound copies ... :cheer:
Also, I never give away any of the novels or books that I buy.However, I see that when people borrow books from you they conveniently forget to return the same or when you ask them, they have forgotten where they have put it...
Books are like legacies that you can pass down to your children ..

I too have the habit of collecting books. Earlier I used to lend to people whoever asked me. But as you said, many of them would forget to return them, misplace them somewhere or pass it to others without my knowledge and ultimately lose that book. I have lost many books that way. So, nowadays I don't lend books unless I trust that person to return it.

Same here jabeen, I too have stopped lending books to anyone these days except my own children and my sister and brother.Sometime back I went to one of my cousins house and saw two of my books there, with my signature in between ,on the pages...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I love to collect Ayurvedam books available in market. I will buy every month so there are lot of books in my house and still collecting them.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I have the habit of never throwing any books or even magazines if I can help it.I have some really old Woman and Home , Illustrated weekly of India and Film India , all passed down to me by my great Aunt who was an avid reader.
The pages are brittle, and I got them all bound together.my children love to go through them ...I cut out interesting pages from magazines and get them bound together before disposing old magazines since it takes up a lot of space, as it is my house is overflowing with books and bound copies ... :cheer:
Also, I never give away any of the novels or books that I buy.However, I see that when people borrow books from you they conveniently forget to return the same or when you ask them, they have forgotten where they have put it...
Books are like legacies that you can pass down to your children ..

I too have the habit of collecting books. Earlier I used to lend to people whoever asked me. But as you said, many of them would forget to return them, misplace them somewhere or pass it to others without my knowledge and ultimately lose that book. I have lost many books that way. So, nowadays I don't lend books unless I trust that person to return it.

Same here jabeen, I too have stopped lending books to anyone these days except my own children and my sister and brother.Sometime back I went to one of my cousins house and saw two of my books there, with my signature in between ,on the pages...

:laugh: I also have stopped lending books to people other than my brother, mother and father-in-law!! I have lost many good books when I was generous with them! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I don't buy books whatever i like i use internet to read it.I used to borrow books from people when i was in school/college but i never used to forget to return those books to the owner. :)
Well, I don't used to read books and magazines more, but if it is my interest related, then i go for it sometimes... I like to collect technology related stuffs.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
today I found a good collection of magazines from my hidden treasury ... and found many very old magazines... :cheer:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
today I found a good collection of magazines from my hidden treasury ... and found many very old magazines... :cheer:

i too love going through old magazines.I have some really old National geographic and Readers digests , also Illustrated weekly of India which came in full size, unseen these days...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have collected few Novels of Chetan Bhagat, shiv Khera.
As well as i have few books of Competitive Examinations.

Want to make each day Accountable

Well, I don't used to read books and magazines more, but if it is my interest related, then i go for it sometimes... I like to collect technology related stuffs.

Yes it depends on the interest.Even i don't collect books or magazines as i don't read them. :blink:
I have collected few Novels of Chetan Bhagat, shiv Khera.
As well as i have few books of Competitive Examinations.

Ronak, you are changing your posture each time I come across you :cheer: , I have some of Chetan Bhagats novels,though I dont much like them, however,he is a very intelligent person, knows how to market himself very well

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.