The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have seen many people do this and I find it quite amusing :unsure: :huh: .I never ever read the end before I finish , since it kills the whole suspense element and once you know the end, you dont read with the same interest ...I have a cousin who used to lend books to us ,also tell us who the murderer is , if it was a suspense thriller and it was so annoying ! :angry:
Do you think it is good to read the end before you finish the book ? :dry:

Thanks a lot for starting such a nice discussion :) :) :) :)

I never read a book and see/ask the climax of a movie since it destroy the whole fun. Actually, we are reading books and watching movies for fun and of course, its unpredictable twists and turns prompt us to finish it as early as possible. Isn't it?

It's the case of movies also. If I want to see a movie, I will see it as a whole. Even if, I am 15-20 minutes late, its reviews are good, I decide to see it later only....fully, as I want to enjoy it full. Same is the case of a novel.

I also have cousins.......if they have seen that movie earlier, they will tell the whole story, even its climax which make me angry a lot. :angry:

Years before, a Malayalam movie.....Nandanam(2002)....till now, it's my most favourite Malayalam movie....
The story is about a maid Navya who comes to Guruvayur and works in a home, only to see Guruvayur Krishna once. But, she couldn't able to go to that temple, even after a lot of attempts. She falls in love with the boy of that home, Pritviraj (It's his first movie). But parents fix his marriage with a rich girl, without knowing the real matter. She becomes angry with Krishna and says, she will never lit 'deepam' for him or visit Guruvayur temple.
A boy Unnikrishnan comes next door, who was staying abroad for leave. Both become friends. He even says everything in her mind and at last says, her desire will be fulfilled. But she never believe him.
But later, events take a twist and Pritviraj marries Navya by getting everyone's consent. They decides to go to Guruvayur Temple and before going there, She comes to meet her friend to say, as you have told, my marriage has happened. But she becomes surprised to see another person saying, I am Unni and I came yesterday only.
At that time only she understands the real truth.....it was Guruvayoorappan who came to comfort her when she was in distress. Also, no one else have seen him, only she.
Newly married couple go to Guruvayur temple at once and while they are praying, she could see her unnikannan going inside the temple, smiling at her. But Pritviraj can't see him even though she points towards him.
The film ends saying it may be real or just mad thoughts of that poor maid.

Let me tell what happened, when I saw the movie first time....
When Unnikannan comes, my cousin said, "Sandhya, it's not neighbour Unni. But lord krishna himself, who is coming to comfort her" :angry: :angry: :angry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She spoiled the whole suspense :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Newly married couple

Good morning Sandhya, it is nice to see you after a whole day :) Hope you are going to be active like before or else you will be missed by everyone :)
I can imagine what you must have felt when your cousin revealed the end, i too have had similar experiences when people want to boast their knowledge since they have already seen the film...If it is a murder mystery or a suspence thriller ,then it is all the more annoying :dry:

Actually, since readers are rare nowadays, my bitter experiences are with movies. Often I become very angry. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, the true power of a story lies in its ability to bind its readers to it. If we know what's going to happen next, it's sure, we will never read it with curiosity. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
@Usha
Do you people really missed me yesterday? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I had to go home yesterday for a personal purpose......Went by 3 am early in the morning, alone and after doing everything I reached here at 10 pm. Happy to tell you, everything was success. Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. Yet, this assignment was very important and had to go without even informing you people :) :) :)

Of course Sandhya , I am never in the habit of flattering people , just speak my heart out :) ...hope you gave your hubby a nice treat :P

Every year, usually I make it very special by preparing veg-dishes, payasam etc.... Yesterday, I was able to return, it's more happy to we both. Day before yesterday, when I decided to go, I sank in a lot of worries to miss this special day and I can't even think of missing my kid a day. So, I am very happy that I could return. :) :) :)
Yesterday, I couldn't make anything special. We had a special vegetarian dinner in a veg restaurant by taking ice cream instead of payasam :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
@Usha
I had to go home yesterday for a personal purpose......Went by 3 am early in the morning, alone and after doing everything I reached here at 10 pm. Happy to tell you, everything was success. Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. Yet, this assignment was very important and had to go without even informing you people :) :) :)

Of course Sandhya , I am never in the habit of flattering people , just speak my heart out :) ...hope you gave your hubby a nice treat :P

Every year, usually I make it very special by preparing veg-dishes, payasam etc.... Yesterday, I was able to return, it's more happy to we both. Day before yesterday, when I decided to go, I sank in a lot of worries to miss this special day and I can't even think of missing my kid a day. So, I am very happy that I could return. :) :) :)
Yesterday, I couldn't make anything special. We had a special vegetarian dinner in a veg restaurant by taking ice cream instead of payasam :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thats great ! what matters is spending time together , and enjoying it :) :) btw I love Adai Payasam :cheer:
palada1.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
@Usha

Thats great ! what matters is spending time together , and enjoying it :) :) btw I love Adai Payasam :cheer:

South kerala is famous for Jaggery ada payasam while middle kerala for Palada.
Palada is made using milk.
Which one do you like more......? Give me its answer as PM only :whistle:
Sorry friends, am deviating from the topic :blink:
Yet, am giving you all Palada payasam as special treat :cheer: :cheer: . Enjoy it. :) :) :) :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8388]}

Actually, I want to prepare it for him yesterday :( :( :(

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I always read book from beginning to end. If you know the end, then you will not be much interested . Moreover you skip many incidences mentioned in book and know the secret prior.

Reading the end before finishing the book shows impatience!! :dry:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
I always read book from beginning to end. If you know the end, then you will not be much interested . Moreover you skip many incidences mentioned in book and know the secret prior.

This is correct. I am very impatient and that is why I am a very quick reader. I move to end of book very soon.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is correct. I am very impatient and that is why I am a very quick reader. I move to end of book very soon.

LOL..many people are impatient and want to finish reading a book as fast as they can.It is the same with movies, I have seen some people watch the entire movie on fast forward,I wonder what pleasure you get out of it :dry: :huh: :unsure:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

LOL..many people are impatient and want to finish reading a book as fast as they can.It is the same with movies, I have seen some people watch the entire movie on fast forward,I wonder what pleasure you get out of it :dry: :huh: :unsure:

:laugh: They just browse through the movie and not SEE it. As for me, if the book is too gripping, I cannot contain my curiosity about what happens at the end and I just take a peek, yet it does not diminish my interest in reading it word to word! I just cannot skip pages at all !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Even when I download movies by parts, I never check them...even glance since...because I fear, even a scene for 1 second seen earlier can spoil the whole fun.

It happened once when i was downloading a movie by parts from you tube ...a Malayalam movie 'mummy and me'.
The heroine was chatting with a stranger and in the climax only, we are seeing the actual person. While I downloaded the movies part by part, I got a quick glance of Suresh Gopi and hence, while I was watching that movie, i could easily identify his voice, which broke every suspense it had. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But later, when my brother saw it, he couldn't identify the voice. That means a small glance spoiled the whole show.

Meera sandhu

:laugh: They just browse through the movie and not SEE it. As for me, if the book is too gripping, I cannot contain my curiosity about what happens at the end and I just take a peek, yet it does not diminish my interest in reading it word to word! I just cannot skip pages at all !

LOL, it does ! I use to borrow books from a circulating library run by a couple who were both very talkative and the lady was a voracious reader and had read most of the books. The problem with her was that she would tell the story :laugh: and unless you quickly take your leave she would reveal the end too. It had become a joke with us that you try and avoid her after you select the books :P

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.