There have been numerous studies conducted which show that Women have a greater chance of becoming depressed than men.
I feel that it may not be all true, because , men had the upper hand in the olden days and naturally women had more reasons to get depressed given the kind of life style and accordingly the studies conducted showed that women were more prone to depression ! Case studies also show that suicide cases are more among women !
Does the enviornment and social standing contribute to depression in women ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a wide subject that needs a very deep study and description. But one thing is for sure that all women do not come into that category. This is based on person to person and we cannot put every woman in the same group. Some women are strong enough while some others might not be as brave.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is a wide subject that needs a very deep study and description. But one thing is for sure that all women do not come into that category. This is based on person to person and we cannot put every woman in the same group. Some women are strong enough while some others might not be as brave.

Of course , all women are not prone to depression, but certain hormonal changes make them more prone to depression especially during pregnancy and child birth and domestic violence ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is true that women are more prone to depression.Social standing does play a large role in it but the basic reasons are her biological chemistry. After coming of age, the monthly cycles, subsequent loss of blood, lack of proper nutrition, pains of bearing a child for nine months and then painful delivery etc. all leads to a complex interplay of hormones in her body. Due to such hormonal factors, there is adverse effect on production of endorphins or feel-good hormones making a woman more susceptible to depression.

Also, a man may be responsible for supporting a family, but it falls upon the woman to keep a tight rein on everything, right from thinking of a very small detail like cleaning the house up to tight budgeting to keep her home running, which causes lot of stress.

But if she thinks positively, understands her emotions and is able to change herself or her lifestyle, then it helps a lot.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Of course , all women are not prone to depression, but certain hormonal changes make them more prone to depression especially during pregnancy and child birth and domestic violence ...

True! But if she gets proper support and people around her empathize with her, then she can come out of it fast!

I cannot agree with you people. women or men, it is human only. that depends up on their mentality. So there is no different between them getting depressed.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I cannot agree with you people. women or men, it is human only. that depends up on their mentality. So there is no different between them getting depressed.

But the studies suggest otherwise, Sarala, and if you read my post, it will be clear why!!

It is true that women are more prone to depression.Social standing does play a large role in it but the basic reasons are her biological chemistry. After coming of age, the monthly cycles, subsequent loss of blood, lack of proper nutrition, pains of bearing a child for nine months and then painful delivery etc. all leads to a complex interplay of hormones in her body. Due to such hormonal factors, there is adverse effect on production of endorphins or feel-good hormones making a woman more susceptible to depression.

Also, a man may be responsible for supporting a family, but it falls upon the woman to keep a tight rein on everything, right from thinking of a very small detail like cleaning the house up to tight budgeting to keep her home running, which causes lot of stress.

But if she thinks positively, understands her emotions and is able to change herself or her lifestyle, then it helps a lot.

Yes , thats true ! I feel that biologically a woman is able to handle stress better than men but she needs to give vent to her pent up emotions in some form or the other ! Now with education,better career options and financial security , things should get better.However, there may be other factors which may work against her ...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

But the studies suggest otherwise, Sarala, and if you read my post, it will be clear why!!

yes i have read in many articles....... :) :) :)

Her hormonal changes and many other factors also favour it.

Meera sandhu
It does not depend on all women,yes some women can handle the situation properly but many can not. This may be applicable to many men also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It does not depend on all women,yes some women can handle the situation properly but many can not. This may be applicable to many men also.

But women are more prone to stress. It's also a truth :huh: :huh: :huh:

Just go through previous posts

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.