Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Of course , all women are not prone to depression, but certain hormonal changes make them more prone to depression especially during pregnancy and child birth and domestic violence ...

You would be surprised to note that even men go through those 4-5 days every month when they feel depression. Now don't start making statements, which might make me sound funny but that is a scientific fact that men too men feel depressed for a couple of days every month and these are the days when they act more erratic, depressed and bored.

I know I know :P , and I understand too that men have their own days ...
Depression can be overcome by some simple and effective measures like , being positive,maintaining a healthy balance between work and leisure and keeping oneself mentally engaged all the time in some activity or the other ..[/quote]

Its true that men too go through such cycles but it is less visible and erratic, angry, bored etc. behavior from men is accepted so this depression mostly goes unnoticed, unless they are suicidal, of course!![/quote]

This is less visible because men do not want to make it visible, otherwise also men are better equipped to handle situations like these. You'll agree to that, that men are far tougher while it comes to handle problems. Although I agree SOME women are as tough ( I shall always play safe)[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: Ha ha ha! you keep on playing safe!! But isn't that what makes men more suicidal than women, I did read it somewhere and the reason is that women are able to share their troubles easily with friends and relatives that helps remove stress a bit but men usually keep their troubles to themselves![/quote]

It's true...
May be because in their busy schedules of modern life, men can't find good friends with whom they can share their problems.

Meera sandhu
Social environment affects human mind. Women are sensitive and emotional. Still she can face all types of situations. She can recover from any depression soon which is not possible for a man. Mostly the heart patients are males and few are females.

That is right, female are better stress managers than their male counterpart therefore less prone to problems like heart attack etc.

does it mean, being emotional gives woman more (mental) power to fight against sorrows and depressions? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
Social environment affects human mind. Women are sensitive and emotional. Still she can face all types of situations. She can recover from any depression soon which is not possible for a man. Mostly the heart patients are males and few are females.

That is right, female are better stress managers than their male counterpart therefore less prone to problems like heart attack etc.

does it mean, being emotional gives woman more (mental) power to fight against sorrows and depressions? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This has a two way effect- mental stress and mental management letting the problems out through a very good exit point called mouth.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This has a two way effect- mental stress and mental management letting the problems out through a very good exit point called mouth.

That is considered very healthy for your mental state since you are literally letting off steam which otherwise would be stressful, further adding to the distress level , probably even making way for depression ...I see most people becoming calm after they have screamed and shouted and abused, but , how it effects the person at the receiving end is quite another matter ! :dry: :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is considered very healthy for your mental state since you are literally letting off steam which otherwise would be stressful, further adding to the distress level , probably even making way for depression ...I see most people becoming calm after they have screamed and shouted and abused, but , how it effects the person at the receiving end is quite another matter ! :dry: :blink:

Some times that backfires- if the outlet exhausts too much stress the one in front may get offended and can counter strike. :woohoo: :woohoo:

It can later give a lot of physical stress too :blush: :blink: :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu

Some times that backfires- if the outlet exhausts too much stress the one in front may get offended and can counter strike. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yes of course that has to be considered ! Sunil, all our life is a balancing act trying to maintain and keep relationships intact ! Unless a person doesnt really care ....sometimes I feel that's the best way,just do what you want and say damn the rest !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes of course that has to be considered ! Sunil, all our life is a balancing act trying to maintain and keep relationships intact ! Unless a person doesnt really care ....sometimes I feel that's the best way,just do what you want and say damn the rest !

So true, sometimes you just get tired of trying to balance everything and trying not to hurt others at the same time, it is just too frustrating. I too sometimes let myself go out of control and don't think of damage at that time, there is time for damage control later. But it is much needed at that time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

So true, sometimes you just get tired of trying to balance everything and trying not to hurt others at the same time, it is just too frustrating. I too sometimes let myself go out of control and don't think of damage at that time, there is time for damage control later. But it is much needed at that time.

There you are, that is the reason men avoid that kind of outbreaks because their outburst turns to fist-fight soon. :evil:

There you are, that is the reason men avoid that kind of outbreaks because their outburst turns to fist-fight soon. :evil:

Just imagine when that happens with women , I have seen such incidents when women tear at each other and it really is a sight ! The best thing to do when you feel stressed is to look for a calm and quiet place and sit for a while without dooing anyhing until your system cools down, then plan your next course of action ! :huh: :dry: easy to say right ?!!! :S

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.