The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Whenever I change passwords, I need to update in excel. Since I have more than 300 logins. It is not easy to update. But I have been properly mIntaing it for the past 6 years. I pray it should cpntinue.

I have 678 to be exact and I remember every password by memory.

Also, it is not wise to store all your logins and password in a excel file digitally on your computer. If your web security is comprosied or you face any virus attacks these are the informations that viruses would capture and send to the Origin.

I maintain them in a book and also in the book, my passwords are not written as is, they are written as a substitution cipher. So even if someone gets hold of my book of passwords, they won't be able to decipher it quickly. And if they do, then they truly deserve to hack into my account :)

Ore baba another password man . :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Oh my god, Arun i broke a record of having these many passwords

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Iam keeping my passwords for some long time. Then only I used to change.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Whenever I change passwords, I need to update in excel. Since I have more than 300 logins. It is not easy to update. But I have been properly mIntaing it for the past 6 years. I pray it should cpntinue.

Also, it is not wise to store all your logins and password in a excel file digitally on your computer. If your web security is comprosied or you face any virus attacks these are the informations that viruses would capture and send to the Origin.

I maintain them in a book and also in the book, my passwords are not written as is, they are written as a substitution cipher. So even if someone gets hold of my book of passwords, they won't be able to decipher it quickly. And if they do, then they truly deserve to hack into my account :)

That is amazing !!! You have given some very useful information here about password storage which can be quite a hassle....I too tend to store them in a diary rather than have it anywhere else...I feel another place where it can be stored is on your email , in a folder ...of course there is always the fear of the account being hacked!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I change passwords for every 6 months this will avoid becoming the victim of hacking

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

:angry:
I think nobody can have more than 300 passwords. You are the only one. :) :) :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh: :P

I find it very difficult to manage all these passwords. Changing all these passwords at frequent intervals and keeping tracks is too tedious.

Here's a small secret which I personally use to keep a track of all my passwords. And don't even ask me how many passwords I have, the figure is astronomical, literally.

What I do is I form my own unique combination. My combination is x+y+z

X=Historical Importance

Y=Something Personal

Z=what email or forum account password it is

For example, you password could be "gandhijirobertgmail1"

I know the above does not makes sense but then, that's what an ideal password is.

I keep changing my passwords every 2 weeks.

This is really a very wonderful tip. Anyone can follow the tip for passwords. :) :) :cheer: :cheer:

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/

You have added valuable points. These are very useful.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

That is amazing !!! You have given some very useful information here about password storage which can be quite a hassle....I too tend to store them in a diary rather than have it anywhere else...I feel another place where it can be stored is on your email , in a folder ...of course there is always the fear of the account being hacked!

Thanks, and you are right, it is quite a hassle but only for the first time. Once you have added all your accounts, adding new accounts become easy. I keep the book on my computer desk, so as soon as I create account somewhere, I write it down.

Also, here are two things you can do to update passwords:

1. Write it with pencil so that you can rub it and write the new password

2. If you are following a sequence, then even writing the week in which your sequence cycle is would be great.

I know, the second point can be quite confusing, so here is an example to elaborate it:

For example, your password is "Ushamanohar1" and you change your password monthly or whenever you like,

Just write w1change or w1 or just write update1. So that you know that you have updated your password.

And honestly, all the tips I given as yet may seem difficult to follow, but believe me they are not. Once you start writing them down, they become a matter of practice. I have to do it because, most of my emails are linked to bank accounts, paypal accounts, high paid memberships etc. So I have to protect it.

Thanks, and you are right, it is quite a hassle but only for the first time. Once you have added all your accounts, adding new accounts become easy. I keep the book on my computer desk, so as soon as I create account somewhere, I write it down.

Also, here are two things you can do to update passwords:

1. Write it with pencil so that you can rub it and write the new password

2. If you are following a sequence, then even writing the week in which your sequence cycle is would be great.

I know, the second point can be quite confusing, so here is an example to elaborate it:

For example, your password is "Ushamanohar1" and you change your password monthly or whenever you like,

Just write w1change or w1 or just write update1. So that you know that you have updated your password.

And honestly, all the tips I given as yet may seem difficult to follow, but believe me they are not. Once you start writing them down, they become a matter of practice. I have to do it because, most of my emails are linked to bank accounts, paypal accounts, high paid memberships etc. So I have to protect it.

Excellent tips once again arun, have copied the link for this page so I could refer whenever I need to, which I am sure I will do quite frequently until things fall in place :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Having too many passwords is simply unbelievable. You should have maximum 5 passwords.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.