I have studied Biotechnology as an engineering subject and in the four years I have studied a number of ethics that come in the way of innovations in the field of biotechnology.

Issues like test tube baby, cloning, genetic engineering have raised many eyebrows saying that humans have started playing god! What are your views?

Live in the present :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't think so.
Kids are blessings of God. If men have defects, they can't give birth to a new generation. That doesn't mean they don't deserve the presence and love and happiness of kids....
A hospital at Kodungallur, Kerala, most recently completed 25,000 test tube babies. It's bit expensive....may cost more than 8-10 lakhs or more. Yet they gave happiness to many parents and their families........

Meera sandhu
@Asha...
Hoping you won't mind correcting this thread title.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Ashii
Even I don't think this is bad if we can make someone happy by the technology . :blink:

That is why we call technology can be bad or good depending on how we use it. :blink:
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
It is true that this field has provided immense happiness to many but what do you think about manipulating the creations of God, cloning of animals for our benefits? Is it right to play God?

But asha, I can't approve cloning.
Such experiments can give birth to unusual births.
I once read somewhere, many human experiments have paved way to the birth of new micro organisms.......which later killed man kind through diseases.......

Meera sandhu
The clones can enter the food chains in the nature and disrupt the balance too.

Medical Science is to solve our problems and our defects too. When it's used for treating many diseases, why can't it be used for babies too??
If someone say, it's against God's wishes, why are we using Medical science for treating diseases?? When God gives diseases to persons to die, why are doctors helping them??? Isn't it against God's will? Science has brought down death rates considerably and life span of man has increased also. If someone raise questions against test tube babies, I will ask them, Is it against God's will to cure patients using medical facilities and give him another life?

Meera sandhu
Cloning involves a lot of risks. I will state a few of them -

It has a high failure rate.
The clones are generally not competitive enough as compared to natural beings, they are usually weaker.
They may express abnormally. That is for example if a sheep is cloned it may not have the characteristic of producing wool.

Cloning involves a lot of risks. I will state a few of them -

It has a high failure rate.
The clones are generally not competitive enough as compared to natural beings, they are usually weaker.
They may express abnormally. That is for example if a sheep is cloned it may not have the characteristic of producing wool.

How do you know this?. :blink:

Medical science still need to be developed to have better clones what I feel is cloning would be bad for this world as in that case man would become like a machine. :)
I think that we should not disturb nature. Births and deaths should be natural. Science is okay as long as this helps in improving things. Bit it is disastrous to replace or change the natural process.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.