Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Maybe not all would be relevant but some scriptures certainly are. Shrimad Bhagvad Gita, Manache Shlok etc. are nothing but set of rules and protocols that a man should follow in order to make his life as well others around him peaceful and be able to do things that are right. It really depends on what one chooses to pick from them and act accordingly.

Eg. thinking about today's conditions, where it is necessary to work hard and work right, more and more people are becoming followers of various religious cults and so-called godmen and godwomen who mislead them in a lot of things. People are now committing various rituals more and more that make no sense whatsoever. It is actually becoming quite ridiculous when I see people working in IT industry standing with a bottle of oil on Saturdays outside Shani temples in order to appease Lord Shani! Does pouring oil on a stone God help them in keeping their jobs? :blink:

That has a serious meaning while they pour oil on Shanidev, they have their boss in their subconscious whom they are oiling or buttering. They cannot do it in their offices as most IT companies would not allow them to carry bottles of oil in offices. Every thing is done for a purpose and you should see its inner meaning.

Now that's the kind of subtlety I am bound to miss because to me a boss is a boss, of human flesh and blood! I should probably take a lesson or two from such people then! :woohoo:

LOL, sunil you should have been a Psycho analyst ...I am sure they do have some personal gain in mind to do that but they miss the point that they could do better by gaining more knowledge and information on the subject ...

They do not want to leave any angle uncovered or any stone unturned or should I say without oiled properly. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Sufferings and hardships are their in each and every relationships. Lord Rama and his wife Sita are the two ideal couples because both were equal in character and quality. They love each other by heart and soul. They were the soul mate. The way Lord Rama won Sita was amazingly shocking, beyond anybody's expectations. Likewise Sita Maiya has such supernatural powers and quality which no other women of that time possess. She was pure and respect like a Goddess.

Friends don't mind but you should go through the epics once again in details rather than the short stories. Your confusion and doubts will get cleared.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Friends scripts and evidences of the past are really not productive for us. It is just rock and dust. However the events that took place in the past teaches us a lot about humanity. Every time human beings have fought battle with the wrong doers and the evils. We need to learn the morale of the story. That is more important just to kill devil within us.
Sufferings and hardships are their in each and every relationships. Lord Rama and his wife Sita are the two ideal couples because both were equal in character and quality. They love each other by heart and soul. They were the soul mate. The way Lord Rama won Sita was amazingly shocking, beyond anybody's expectations. Likewise Sita Maiya has such supernatural powers and quality which no other women of that time possess. She was pure and respect like a Goddess.

Friends don't mind but you should go through the epics once again in details rather than the short stories. Your confusion and doubts will get cleared.

I have read at least 6 different versions of Ramayana and also Maha bharata , hence no doubts what so ever ... :P only after reading it have I come to the conclusion ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Friends scripts and evidences of the past are really not productive for us. It is just rock and dust. However the events that took place in the past teaches us a lot about humanity. Every time human beings have fought battle with the wrong doers and the evils. We need to learn the morale of the story. That is more important just to kill devil within us.

I agree with that ! I too feel that we have to see it for what it represents and leave at that....We cannot shape our lives based on them nor can we lead a life like they did..!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Old scriptures and books teach us the moral values that one must have in order to be a good human being. Though many don't read them or would ever read those but still they must have some knowledge about these scriptures.

Live in the present :)
Old scriptures and books teach us the moral values that one must have in order to be a good human being. Though many don't read them or would ever read those but still they must have some knowledge about these scriptures.

Yes some of them have some of the good teachings but we do not have to follow those teachings without understanding them fully well.

Yes some of them have some of the good teachings but we do not have to follow those teachings without understanding them fully well.

Definitely ! They were all written with a purpose and by wise men of that period of time.Bhagavadgita is still very relevant in many ways,one can see a lot of life's truths in it..

Definitely ! They were all written with a purpose and by wise men of that period of time.Bhagavadgita is still very relevant in many ways,one can see a lot of life's truths in it..

Yes I too had that one in my mind but I cannot follow it blindly- I have one of its Upadesh as my favorite that suggests to keep working but never expect the fruit. I like the first part of it but I certainly like to have the result. Why should I work for no fruit or result if I have planted a tree of fruits.

With changing times, values change. all ancient knowledge is not valid today. So, we have to adapt that to current conditions. for example, now we should use electric crematorium instead of using wood to cremate the dead bodies.

As regards epics, these are stories of kings and kingdom, their internal quarrels and war between different kings. There is nothing significant in these. But there is great value in ancient astronomy, mathematics, Ayurveda (ancient medical science).

We should accept what suits us- old or new.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.